💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Tony Bennett: "I steered Lady Gaga toward quality"

yxi

Featured Posts

The 88-year-old crooner - who teamed up with Gaga, 28, for their new jazz album 'Cheek to Cheek' - believes the collaboration has brought out the best in the 'Pokerface' hitmaker and insists she has "never been happier in her life".

The 'Anything Goes' singer added that, with his help, Gaga has managed to "shock" fans with her latest offering following the mediocre success of her most recent solo album 'ARTPOP'.

He told Confidenti@l, at the Exploring the Arts gala at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York last night (30.09.14): "(Cheek to Cheek) speaks for itself, see. People are shocked by how wonderful she sings the great American standards.

"I steered her toward quality and she picked up on it right away. She's never been happier in her life."

Tony recently admitted he is keen to work with the Grammy Award-winner "as many times as possible in the future".

He said: "There were no moments of craziness or eccentricity when I was with her. She said that when she was 13 and singing jazz, 'Nobody ever paid any attention to me.' We get along great and she's just such a good improvised jazz singer. I think the public are going to say, 'I knew she could sing well but I didn't know she could sing THAT well'.

"I just love her and want to work with her as many times as possible in the future."

https://www.list.co.uk/article/65152-tony-bennett-steered-lady-gaga-to-quality/

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna

Oh man, this thread's gonna get messy.

Let me just say that our perception of quality is probably much, much different to that of an 88 year old jazz legend. And he definitely encouraged her to be her best.

Let me just say that our perception of quality is probably much, much different to that of an 88 year old jazz legend. And he definitely encouraged her to be her best.

MTE.

I am also sure Gaga and Tony do not agree in a lot of things. Like BTW message

Morphine Prince

Basically this.

Give him a break guys. He is 88.

TraeumereiLPB

Tony speaking these words does not really surprise me. He grew up with this kind of music, he's been emotionally involved with it for his whole life. Of course he will say Jazz is quality music. Just like we might say Pop is quality music in the future, when some new trend emerges.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Pure Adrenaline

okay that's a little bit of exaggeration :awkney:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Teal Ambition

This is about to get messy  :popcorn:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Elizabeth

I'm sure he means well and you can tell her has a lot of respect for her, but this doesn't come across good. 

This is very true. 

Teal Ambition

More importantly, look what she said!!

She said that when she was 13 and singing jazz,

:lmao:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Tropico

I generally like Tony but did he just say this? :awkney:

I get it... we all have opinions but the way he said it... it makes it seem like her previous works aren't of good quality. :awkney:

He could have said it different without seeming pretentious. Sorry, but thats the truth.

♱ Social Justice Enthusiast ♱

Archived