💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor holds secret album listening with fans + first reactions

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Taylor hosted a group of fans for a surprise pre-release listening of her upcoming album 1989

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/1989/id907242701

at one of her homes in Los Angeles. They were all given free transportation and food while being allowed to explore Taylor's house and pose with her in photos afterwards. The significance of this is that those fans are now starting to post their first album listen impressions online, basically the first "unofficial" reviews of the album. From what I've read most say it's nothing like she's done before.

One fan summarizes as such:

okay so first of all I absolutely cannot tell you the name titles or the lyrics to any of the songs she played for us. However, I can, to the best of my ability, tell you a vague description of the songs.

Please forgive me cause my memory is not up to par so I can’t give you exact, detailed descriptions.

Trust me I want to but my brain is too small lolol

anydoodles

the opening song had very predominate drums. this one she wrote with ryan tedder and it’s a very solid opening track. The song isn’t about a boy, or love, or anything like that. It’s about a place.
actually most, if not all, of the songs she played for us had predominate drums throughout the song if my memory serves me right

I didn’t hear that much horns tho

out of the woods I can say because it was already mentioned in the RS article. but damn this song slayed yo. very catchy

Bad blood lmao this was the **** man. damn katy perry better watch her back cause tay is coming for the b---h

there’s also this song that I can’t name but oh my god. Let me tell you. This song is so ****ing sassy, trust. it’s hard to explain but lemme try to the best of my ability. You know how the media always writes those ridiculous stories of how she goes on so many dates and has so many boyfriends? The media basically views her as this maneating serial dater that one minute pushes away a guy but the next is clingy and wants them back. Well, she decided to write a song in the point of view of the woman that the media portrays her as, if that makes sense. Trust me I know my description was bad but damn the song was so sassy and there are a couple of lines that I will get tattooed on me. This song should definitely be one of the first ones you listen to once the album comes out.

there are one or two about a certain guy she has dated but I don’t exactly know for sure how many songs. But let me just tell you this, from what I’ve heard so far, there are no songs dissing any exes (if my memory serves me correctly)

the voice memo she played for us WAS SO GOOD. Like her voice was pitch perfect and it was amazing. The actual finished song was even better. It definitely had a darker vibe to it but it isn’t like super dark or anything lol. It kinda, ALMOST reminds me of haunted, but more pop
that one song with the title that is very similar to an exboyfriend’s name, DAMN. Not what you would expect at all. Not a diss song. It’s so damn catchy.

there are a couple of songs that I don’t remember the theme or backstory but trust me it’s SO DAMN GOOD. EVERY SINGLE ****ING SONG SLAYED US

also, there’s one song that in certain parts, it reminded me of a lana del ray song lol it was very smooth and seductive. trust me you’ll love it

BUY THE ALBUM. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

I honestly was worried when she said she was gonna go full on pop and will be working with shellback & max martin. But honestly after hearing most of 1989, my worries are gone. This is an amazing pop album with that Taylor touch we’ve all come to known and love. Honestly if you are worried with her going pop, don’t stress over it. She still has some amazing lyrics and the beats are really solid. So for your fears and worries, just “shake it off†lmao

this album will slay so hard. trust me on this

Her second AOTY is coming :giveup:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyPrince

:giveup:

Imagine Gaga giving you access to her HOME and letting you listen to new music. 

Taylor is going to come for (bad) blood whether we like it or not. 

Pure Adrenaline

Omg the first Taylir Swift album im gonna listen, cant wait for Bad Blood

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

zexion_armando

lol can't trust these fans at all...

its like people who got to listen to ARTPOP before the rest of us. Gawd, they annoyed me.

also

tumblr_nc8p7oyMto1qb86xno1_500.png

and

Of 12 new @taylorswift13 songs, I counted two that I'd qualify as ballads. Other 10 about tied as potential "Shake"-followup Top 40 smashes.

Redstreak

And:

Is there any slower songs on the album that you got to listened too? Or are they all up beat and dancy? [My only question]
Most of them are upbeat and dancy
the serious ones are fast paced but not dancy, if that makes sense

also

tumblr_nc8p7oyMto1qb86xno1_500.png

and

Of 12 new @taylorswift13 songs, I counted two that I'd qualify as ballads. Other 10 about tied as potential "Shake"-followup Top 40 smashes.

She also has Chapman producing on one of the album's more traditional ballads :giveup:

Redstreak

GUYS JUST WAIT FOR THE ONE SHE DID WITH IMOGEN HEAP

CAUSE DAMN. THAT ONE SLAYED EVERYONE TO HEAVEN AND BACK

WHILE LISTENING TO THE SONG I LITERALLY HAD TO PLAN MY FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS CAUSE I WASN’T GOING TO MAKE IT

One of my most anticipated :giveup:

This is so exciting  :excited:  :excited2:  :omgexcited:

I'm so happy right now, the album sounds incredible !! I can't wait to listen to all the songs, especially the ones written with Ryan Tedder and Imogen Heap. I just can't freaking wait :giveup:

Archived