💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga's next album discussion

Mills

When are you expecting Gaga's next solo album?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. When are you expecting Gaga's next solo album?

• End of 2014
    • First half of 2015
    • Second half of 2015
    • First half of 2016
    • Second half of 2016
    • First half of 2017
    • Second half of 2017
    • First half of 2018
    • Second half of 2018
    • SOON

Featured Posts

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pain of fame1

I want her to take the necessary time to plan everything out. The fashion the videos the promo the music...  ( Hoping it for 2016 the LATEST tho.)

I want her to release an experimental masterpiece along the lines of something Björk or FKA Twigs would release, but not as experimental, throw in a couple of songs leaning toward the mainstream side.

She needs her Ray of Light/Impossible Princess type album.

Sugarfall

After acoustic album, rock album, another jazz album, experimental hip hop album and b-sides album :yes:

Look how that panned out for ARTPOP.

I mean....no. She needs to have an album out in 2015. 2016 is another 3 year wait. Most pop girls release an album every year or two now which is what Gaga did at the beginning and it worked. You've got to build up the hype over several eras to get that legendary album, not expect people to trust you artistically for 3 years and then pop out something that may/may not work. 

Uhm gap between Michael Jackson's Off the Wall and Thriller was over three years. Between Thriller and Bad? FIVE years. So yes, taking your time does work. No one could have expected Thriller. And then there it was. Because MJ was a perfectionist, like Gaga, but his management understood that - he was given the time and space to make it amazing. The entire first mix of Thriller was scrapped because he hated how it sounded - I wish someone had done that for ARTPOP. 

Also, do you really, honestly think that she "took her time" with ARTPOP? Really? It was released two and a half years after Born This Way, and primarily recorded while on tour. She did not take her time with ARTPOP. It seemed like she did, maybe because, as you say, "pop girls" are expected to churn out any old collection of songs every two years, like clockwork. I think Gaga should look to the past for inspiration.

I think people would appreciate a superior album so much more than another half-baked, quasi-concept album. Artists work at different paces, no one can expect Gaga, or any artist, to keep to a pattern that she had barely even established when she was brand new to the game - fresh and full of ideas. People grow and mature, and it's time that Gaga took her time, negotiated something with her manager and took her sweet ass time in making the next record. I'm as desperate as any of you for the next one, but I'd much rather another record that was massive in quality and scope, than a lacklustre effort that only has a few real standout tracks. I love ARTPOP. But I could love it more, if it was executed better. 

SISTERV

Uhm gap between Michael Jackson's Off the Wall and Thriller was over three years. Between Thriller and Bad? FIVE years. So yes, taking your time does work. No one could have expected Thriller. And then there it was. Because MJ was a perfectionist, like Gaga, but his management understood that - he was given the time and space to make it amazing. The entire first mix of Thriller was scrapped because he hated how it sounded - I wish someone had done that for ARTPOP. 

Also, do you really, honestly think that she "took her time" with ARTPOP? Really? It was released two and a half years after Born This Way, and primarily recorded while on tour. She did not take her time with ARTPOP. It seemed like she did, maybe because, as you say, "pop girls" are expected to churn out any old collection of songs every two years, like clockwork. I think Gaga should look to the past for inspiration.

I think people would appreciate a superior album so much more than another half-baked, quasi-concept album. Artists work at different paces, no one can expect Gaga, or any artist, to keep to a pattern that she had barely even established when she was brand new to the game - fresh and full of ideas. People grow and mature, and it's time that Gaga took her time, negotiated something with her manager and took her sweet ass time in making the next record. I'm as desperate as any of you for the next one, but I'd much rather another record that was massive in quality and scope, than a lacklustre effort that only has a few real standout tracks. I love ARTPOP. But I could love it more, if it was executed better. 

It was also the 80s and things didn't move as quickly. We live in a social media age where artists are pumped out by a fading industry. When Michael and Madonna pumped out albums they also had singles release in between the eras.

The 80s: Artists didn't come out as fast, artists would release 8 or 9 singles from an album, the pop music industry and MTV had just begun and were booming, and there was no such thing as streaming or downloading music illegally

Now: Most contemporary artists put out releases every year or two, artists mostly release 3-5 singles off an album, the pop music industry is flailing, MTV barely plays music anymore, and streaming and downloading has made music so accessible that it is easy to see everything and move on quicker

I might also add that it seems when Gaga overthinks stuff it gets bogged down and overdone. Her most popular music was stuff that was written rather quickly. Just Dance was written in ten minutes, TFM was written within a 6 month period. 

Let's be honest. If Gaga is as genius as people say, it shouldn't take her 2 years to write an album and then a year to promote it. Plenty of average artists put out successful albums within a year apart of each other. Gaga could have easily been writing this album since last November which would already make it a year. It's not far fetched to say that May or summer is a high possibility. 

It was also the 80s and things didn't move as quickly. We live in a social media age where artists are pumped out by a fading industry. When Michael and Madonna pumped out albums they also had singles release in between the eras.

The 80s: Artists didn't come out as fast, artists would release 8 or 9 singles from an album, the pop music industry and MTV had just begun and were booming, and there was no such thing as streaming or downloading music illegally

Now: Most contemporary artists put out releases every year or two, artists mostly release 3-5 singles off an album, the pop music industry is flailing, MTV barely plays music anymore, and streaming and downloading has made music so accessible that it is easy to see everything and move on quicker

The question wasn't about the need to get music out, the question was time reflecting the quality of the work. More time = better album. You completely glossed over my entire point. Whoa. 

SISTERV

The question wasn't about the need to get music out, the question was time reflecting the quality of the work. More time = better album. You completely glossed over my entire point. Whoa. 

Did you read the entire post???

I clearly stated more time has nothing to do with quality. 

Sometimes stuff can be overthought and lose its original intent.

Gaga needs a quick focused album and I believe she has been working on one all year. 

• Jase locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic

Archived