💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga to NY Times: "I was so confused & tired. But now it’s so clear"

squeala

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing article and promo of course! Applause!

I just don't like the part where they brought up everyone who did jazz albums just to prove themselves because that's not what she's doing

I considered deleting those 2 paragraphs they're so pointless  :laughga:

Nice read :whitney:

inb4 this thread only gets 6 pages  :emma:

I'd be surprised if it gets 4

inb4 this thread only gets 6 pages  :emma:

Probably an overstatement

Now if we had a picture of her with an eyelash out of place that would be good for at least 12  :)

The Child
reported
Why ?
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
for a pointless rude comment  :excuseme: don't comment again
Rude ? Ahahah, you all should stop taking things so seriously ! Relax !
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

LoveandMagic

Excellent article!! I am so excited for this album!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

crisTEAne

what a beautiful article  loved reading it. cant wait for the album to drop (:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Pharamon

Ive read it - and the reason that some people didnt is similae to mine - my english is pretty bad and it was really hard to understand everything

nativenewyorker

That was a really nice article. I'm really excited for Cheek to Cheek now and Gaga gave some really beautiful quotes.

SpaceAce

What is the point of posting "didnt read"?  People should get warning points for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Back to the post--

I love the end of the article,

this section specifically

"Then again, there were well-deserved cheers for “But Beautiful,†featuring a lustrous orchestral arrangement, and “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing),†with a guest trumpet solo by Chris Botti. The portion of the room that belonged squarely to Lady Gaga seemed to have little problem getting behind the songs.

“That’s what we’re hoping,†Mr. Bennett said. “That the audience she has will finally listen to the best music that ever came out of the United States.â€

Lady Gaga echoed that thought, perhaps with a touch more diplomacy. “I want my fans to understand that this would be like if, 80 years from now, 30 different people had sung ‘Bad Romance,’ and it had been a hit 20 different times,†she said. “I mean, that is a song that has time-traveled, and maneuvered like a s-xy little snake through the future.â€

I'm not suggesting "pop is dead" or that you HAVE to like jazz, but what a lot of people don't understand is that pop music needs life again. We have jumped into this void of recycled beats and looped synths that a lot of the "feel" and emotion in music has gone away. I'm not suggesting you can't have emotion using a synthesizer, don't get me wrong, I just think there's a lot of "artists" today who sit in a room with not even a notepad and some paper, they get told to sing some lines, and the producer does the rest. That is not music. That is a manufactured advertisement to a label.

This isn't a "back in my days, music was better" speech, but I will say this--

Any artist who doesn't evolve past the current state of music will NOT leave a legacy. Gaga, while not perfect, is definitely on the right track. 

:golfclap:

Stefani328

Great article.  I can't wait to get the album. 

inb4 this thread only gets 3 pages  :emma:

Fixed. The positive thread never get many pages. People love drama

I love the fact that she seems to be growing a lot through C2C. Tony and jazz are giving her a perspective that I think Gaga might've lost through fame.

I hope her future pop albums take something from c2c

Archived