Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga to NY Times: "I was so confused & tired. But now it’s so clear"

squeala

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMum

Some of you seem really proud of your short attention spans.

Great read thanks for posting.

To long for me, so, NYT liked or not?

Point proven :lmao:

BornSimon

That was a very good read, and it got me even more excited to hear the slow numbers on the album. I am sure Gaga will shine.

CannaeDrive

The short attention spans are their losses to some.

Great read, awesome promo  :applause: 

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

codymonster

didn't read.

No one probably gives a **** :ohwell:

OT: Interesting read! I'm actually so excited for this special. Sounds like it'll be epic :giveup:

So the show was designed and directed by Bob Wilson the theatre genius I love him the performance will be amazing I'm excited

somnambulist

What is the point of posting "didnt read"?  People should get warning points for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Back to the post--

I love the end of the article,

this section specifically

"Then again, there were well-deserved cheers for “But Beautiful,†featuring a lustrous orchestral arrangement, and “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing),†with a guest trumpet solo by Chris Botti. The portion of the room that belonged squarely to Lady Gaga seemed to have little problem getting behind the songs.

“That’s what we’re hoping,†Mr. Bennett said. “That the audience she has will finally listen to the best music that ever came out of the United States.â€

Lady Gaga echoed that thought, perhaps with a touch more diplomacy. “I want my fans to understand that this would be like if, 80 years from now, 30 different people had sung ‘Bad Romance,’ and it had been a hit 20 different times,†she said. “I mean, that is a song that has time-traveled, and maneuvered like a s-xy little snake through the future.â€

I'm not suggesting "pop is dead" or that you HAVE to like jazz, but what a lot of people don't understand is that pop music needs life again. We have jumped into this void of recycled beats and looped synths that a lot of the "feel" and emotion in music has gone away. I'm not suggesting you can't have emotion using a synthesizer, don't get me wrong, I just think there's a lot of "artists" today who sit in a room with not even a notepad and some paper, they get told to sing some lines, and the producer does the rest. That is not music. That is a manufactured advertisement to a label.

This isn't a "back in my days, music was better" speech, but I will say this--

Any artist who doesn't evolve past the current state of music will NOT leave a legacy. Gaga, while not perfect, is definitely on the right track. 

JaggedMonster

What is the point of posting "didnt read"?  People should get warning points for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Back to the post--

I love the end of the article,

this section specifically

"Then again, there were well-deserved cheers for “But Beautiful,†featuring a lustrous orchestral arrangement, and “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing),†with a guest trumpet solo by Chris Botti. The portion of the room that belonged squarely to Lady Gaga seemed to have little problem getting behind the songs.

“That’s what we’re hoping,†Mr. Bennett said. “That the audience she has will finally listen to the best music that ever came out of the United States.â€

Lady Gaga echoed that thought, perhaps with a touch more diplomacy. “I want my fans to understand that this would be like if, 80 years from now, 30 different people had sung ‘Bad Romance,’ and it had been a hit 20 different times,†she said. “I mean, that is a song that has time-traveled, and maneuvered like a s-xy little snake through the future.â€

I'm not suggesting "pop is dead" or that you HAVE to like jazz, but what a lot of people don't understand is that pop music needs life again. We have jumped into this void of recycled beats and looped synths that a lot of the "feel" and emotion in music has gone away. I'm not suggesting you can't have emotion using a synthesizer, don't get me wrong, I just think there's a lot of "artists" today who sit in a room with not even a notepad and some paper, they get told to sing some lines, and the producer does the rest. That is not music. That is a manufactured advertisement to a label.

This isn't a "back in my days, music was better" speech, but I will say this--

Any artist who doesn't evolve past the current state of music will NOT leave a legacy. Gaga, while not perfect, is definitely on the right track. 

Spill that hot truth tea :trootea: :trootea: :trootea:

Archived