Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney to make live action Beauty & The Beast!

Lobster Boy

Featured Posts

Heavy Metal Lover

YES! I agree. And the only decent Disney sequel in my opinion (though I loved the lion king 2 as well).

They should add a few of the enchanted xmas scenes in, though being Disney, they usually have quite short film lengths i.e. 90 minutes, so probably wouldn't incorporate much in I don't think. Unless Forte was to become a big villain in the film (which then means changing a lot of the original) it's going to start to be different already.

It kind of bothers me that Disney always has their films on the shorter side. There's a lot the could add at least in the case of Beauty and the Beast. Tbh I would not even mind Forte becoming the main villain because imo he was way more of a villain than Gaston was. On the other hand though the scenes with Gaston storming the castle are crucial as is the final showdown between him and the Beast.

I'd also like to see them include "Human Again" from the films re-issue. It was a great song/scene.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes!!! gosh it's been so long. i remember she was looking out the window down at it and something about the angle looking down at that thing (which they never explained) made me uneasy and gave me nightmares. luvs it. i hope there is black magic like that in this one. and the wolves.

Go and watch it!!!! It's so good. I have seen it so many times, literally must be hundreds between the time I was BIRTHED and now.

I recently watched in blu ray and nearly basically cried at the end because I loved it so much I didn't want it to end.

FACT: The ending of B&TB is EXACTLY the same dance as Sleeping Beauty, because the animators were on a tight release schedule so used sleeping beauty's dance animation and cleaned it up a bit.

It kind of bothers me that Disney always has their films on the shorter side. There's a lot the could add at least in the case of Beauty and the Beast. Tbh I would not even mind Forte becoming the main villain because imo he was way more of a villain than Gaston was. On the other hand though the scenes with Gaston storming the castle are crucial as is the final showdown between him and the Beast.

I'd also like to see them include "Human Again" from the films re-issue. It was a great song/scene.

Yes, the ending of B&TB is great when the castle gets stormed and that big fight at the top, when I saw the west end musical when I was like 8, I was literally in awe. It was so much like the film. I swear I started crying when the beast transformed LOL

ALSO, the music in this film is so emotional, especially when Belle is saying goodbye thinking the beast is dying.

Alan Menken makes some amazing Disney soundtracks, pocahontas, the hunchback of notre dame, the little mermaid.

See, everyone bangs on about the newer disney like tangled and frozen but to me, they just don't cut it the way the originals did (imo).

elijahfan

Finally! Wasn't this in development with Guillermo del Toro at some point, or was this scrapped and is this a totally different project?

These are great news! Cinderella, The Little Mermaid... and now Beauty & the Beast! It's like my childhood dreams becoming true. Even though I think Anne Hathaway would make a great Belle, I'm fairly sure the studios will want to choose a younger newcomer.

Taking this opportunity to remind you all that French director Christophe Gans directed a beautiful version of the fairytale last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_COCCpWhR3Q

I guess the new adaptation will be made after Disney's animated film though, and not after the original fairytale itself...?

Regarding Belle's age, she is apparently meant to be 17. But I don't know about you guys but in Disney films, you never really get the sense of age....like Aurora is 16 but looks in her 20s for example. None of them look super "young", so Anne could still work.

I doubt they will cast her, but visually it would definitely work!

Heavy Metal Lover

Yes, the ending of B&TB is great when the castle gets stormed and that big fight at the top, when I saw the west end musical when I was like 8, I was literally in awe. It was so much like the film. I swear I started crying when the beast transformed LOL

ALSO, the music in this film is so emotional, especially when Belle is saying goodbye thinking the beast is dying.

Alan Menken makes some amazing Disney soundtracks, pocahontas, the hunchback of notre dame, the little mermaid.

See, everyone bangs on about the newer disney like tangled and frozen but to me, they just don't cut it the way the originals did (imo).

Yeah I do agree. I love Frozen a lot, I wasn't a big fan or Tangled or Brave, but I do still feel the original films were better.

I'd love for them to include "Stories" from the enchanted christmas but that's a real long shot. It's probably my favorite song from any Disney movie. I really connected to it when I was younger and it holds lots of memories.

heavymlover

Well, there are a couple of things I would love to see:

1) The animated film is one of the most beautifully animated films Disney has ever done. They better keep the film aesthetically loyal to the original feature.

2) Please no ''dark'' version of the fairytale. I still don't know if I like that Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent followed that dark style.

3) I've always loved how Gaston (and Belle's town, for that matter) think that she's weird because she's educated, and a woman is not supposed to be educated, so she goes against the grain. I think that subplot has a wonderful message.

ARTPOPisaChoice

I played Maurice in my school's production of the show :) It was so amazing and I have such fond memories of it. I am definitely excited for this movie!

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

They could perhaps give Belle & Gaston a slightly stronger backstory, but nothing too much.

I loved 'Maleficent', but so much was changed & twisted that only the christening scene & the spindle scene were the same.

With this, I want it to basically be a live action version of the animated.

They could perhaps give Belle & Gaston a slightly stronger backstory, but nothing too much.

I loved 'Maleficent', but so much was changed & twisted that only the christening scene & the spindle scene were the same.

With this, I want it to basically be a live action version of the animated.

Same. No dark version or ~edgy~ reinterpretation. Although why recreate the original, especially when the original is already so beloved? It needs to add something.

Can you imagine this for Hunchback though? :giveup: The scene with the molten lead pouring out of the Cathedral. Hellfire. The carnival without creepy out of place CGI people.

Archived