💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney to make live action Beauty & The Beast!

Lobster Boy

Featured Posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/twilights-bill-condon-direct-live-709437

Condon most recently helmed "The Fifth Estate."

Twilight helmer Bill Condon has signed on to direct Disney's live-action Beauty and the Beast film.

The news comes on the heels of Disney's latest live-action success, Maleficent, which hit theaters May 28. The film, starring Angelina Jolie, topped the box office its opening weekend, earning north of $170 million worldwide.

Disney also released the live-action Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland films to much success, and currently has a live-action Cinderella film coming up in 2015 as well as a Jungle Book film in development.

The animated Beauty and the Beast film opened in theaters in 1991, and went on to earn $425 million worldwide.

Condon, whose name had been circling the Beauty and the Beast project for several months, directed Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, and most recently helmed The Fifth Estate.

Condon's musical chops were proven with the 2006 hit Dreamgirls, based on the Broadway musical. He's repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Alexander, Lawrence.

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!! My fave Disney movie ever in live action.

The only reservation I have is I hope they do actually keep it live action in contrast with the original, and not change and add plots (like Maleficent, however this doesn't mention anything about it being a prequel thankfully).

Seriously though, Imagine that beautiful dance scene in live action, and 'belle' at the beginning

anne hathaway for belle plz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/twilights-bill-condon-direct-live-709437

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!! My fave Disney movie ever in live action.

The only reservation I have is I hope they do actually keep it live action in contrast with the original, and not change and add plots (like Maleficent, however this doesn't mention anything about it being a prequel thankfully).

Seriously though, Imagine that beautiful dance scene in live action, and 'belle' at the beginning

anne hathaway for belle plz

:eek:  Now that I think of it they totally look alike THIS HAS TO HAPPEN

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

:eek:  Now that I think of it they totally look alike THIS HAS TO HAPPEN

I know! Particularly in the ballroom dance scene, I can totally picture Anne doing those facial expressions as she's looking at the beast.

I'm over thinking it.

SEE if I were in charge, I'd basically remake every Disney movie in live action, sequence for sequence lmfaoo

COLONiCPRiNXESS

That sounds like it's gonna slay, really excited!

COLONiCPRiNXESS

I know! Particularly in the ballroom dance scene, I can totally picture Anne doing those facial expressions as she's looking at the beast.

I'm over thinking it.

SEE if I were in charge, I'd basically remake every Disney movie in live action, sequence for sequence lmfaoo

IKR, I made a whole plot summary for an Ursula movie :messga:

IKR, I made a whole plot summary for an Ursula movie :messga:

I think that will happen one day. Next year the Ursula book is coming out (prequel) as authorized by Disney, so that could well be the start of some plans!

I really hope they keep the classic Disney iconic moments in. For B&TB, the music was a BIG part, so cutting out songs like 'Belle' at the start, and of course the title song would just be silly to me, and it could start go go wrong if they didn't include the songs,

Heavy Metal Lover

My one wish with this would never happen. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas is my favorite Disney movie ever and considering it's a midquel and happens midway through the original Beauty and the Beast I think they should add in Forte, the Black Forest scenes with the breaking ice, and the scenes when Forte tries to bring the castle down. They're so dramatic and would really translate well to live action. 

i'll go see it only if they keep the black spider legged carriage things. know what i mean? i haven't seen it for a long time but those things creeped me out. 

My one wish with this would never happen. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas is my favorite Disney movie ever and considering it's a midquel and happens midway through the original Beauty and the Beast I think they should add in Forte, the Black Forest scenes with the breaking ice, and the scenes when Forte tries to bring the castle down. They're so dramatic and would really translate well to live action. 

YES! I agree. And the only decent Disney sequel in my opinion (though I loved the lion king 2 as well).

They should add a few of the enchanted xmas scenes in, though being Disney, they usually have quite short film lengths i.e. 90 minutes, so probably wouldn't incorporate much in I don't think. Unless Forte was to become a big villain in the film (which then means changing a lot of the original) it's going to start to be different already.

heavymlover

Wasn't Emma Watsong going to take the leading role for one of these films? She has been rumored to play either Ariel, Cinderella or Belle for quite a while  :toofloppy:

I agree that they should add aditional scenes that weren't shown in the animated movies rather than creating plot twists that change the entire story.

i'll go see it only if they keep the black spider legged carriage things. know what i mean? i haven't seen it for a long time but those things creeped me out. 

Lol when it carries Belle's father off from the castle

Wasn't Emma Watsong going to take the leading role for one of these films? She has been rumored to play either Ariel, Cinderella or Belle for quite a while  :toofloppy:

I agree that they should add aditional scenes that weren't shown in the animated movies rather than creating plot twists that change the entire story.

Yeah she has been linked to another B&TB film, non Disney.

Put all your eggs in one basket and just make the Disney one that's what I say, let's be honest, it's the best and most well known one. I simply can't watch any other B&TB other than the Disney one tbh

Lol when it carries Belle's father off from the castle

yes!!! gosh it's been so long. i remember she was looking out the window down at it and something about the angle looking down at that thing (which they never explained) made me uneasy and gave me nightmares. luvs it. i hope there is black magic like that in this one. and the wolves.

Archived