Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Roller Coaster Tycoon: World! - New concept art revealed

heavymlover

Featured Posts

Silver Keith

As a fan of both, I've always thought that The Sims's expansion packs should be like RCT's. They are some of the most complete EP's in videogame history.

The Sims has AWFUL expansion packs, price-wise. Like seriously, they expect me to pay €70 for a base game and €30+ for 20 expansion/stuff packs?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo excited tho. This is my favorite childhood game ever. Glad they kept the chibi look but no idea why the resolution and textures are so bad. XD

Sims 4 release is here, no1curr about this flop game

bye~

Sims 4 is gonna flop, did u look at how much content they have cut from the game?  :toofunny:

heavymlover

Why does it look so bad?

I in no way think graphics are more important than gameplay, but look at those ragged lines and bad textures..wtf..this is 2014. Have they ever heard of anti-alias?

I think it looks fine given the type of game they are offering. I mean, there are other games like No Limits or Theme Park Studio that offer a more realistic approach. I agree that it could look better, but given Atari's current state, I actually expected worse. I'm actually excited about the game.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS I LOVE RCT SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE 4TH FOREVER YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS  :party:

I think it looks fine given the type of game they are offering. I mean, there are other games like No Limits or Theme Park Studio that offer a more realistic approach. I agree that it could look better, but given Atari's current state, I actually expected worse. I'm actually excited about the game.

I actually love the cartoonish approach, too. Don't get my wrong. But look at that screenshot with the thing in the background that goes round and round with people on those little chairs hanging on wires (sorry terrible description). The "wires" the chairs hang from are interrupted every few pixels. There's no anti-alias. I don't know why the rendering is so bad? Or if it's because of the low poly models?

Those mountains in the background look like 50x50 pixel pictures with a big Gaussian Blur over it... And those squirrel hedges from screenshot 2 are just a flat surface with a low res picture projected on it. How will that even look from above? It's weird...

I've seen 3D models with a higher quality from first year Animation students. :S

Maybe the game isn't meant to be played zoomed-in? I'm okay with that.

heavymlover

I actually love the cartoonish approach, too. Don't get my wrong. But look at that screenshot with the thing in the background that goes round and round with people on those little chairs hanging on wires (sorry terrible description). The "wires" the chairs hang from are interrupted every few pixels. There's no anti-alias. I don't know why the rendering is so bad? Or if it's because of the low poly models? And those mountains in the background look like 50x50 pixel pictures with a big Gaussian Blur over it.

It's weird... I've seen 3D models with a higher quality from first year Animation students. :S

Maybe the game isn't meant to be played zoomed-in? I'm okay with that.

Oh, I get what you mean. I don't really know how this works, but perhaps these screenshots are showing an unfinished product? We'll see.

heavymlover

We have another review, this time from gameinformer.com I think this review has more information about the new features in the game than the other review, so you should definitely check it out:

Atari is deep into development on the next Roller Coaster Tycoon title, and the team is hoping to recapture the magic that has attracted so many players over the years. I had a chance to check out the game in action, and I'm pleased to say that Roller Coaster Tycoon World takes a big step toward accessibility without sacrificing the joy of micromanagement.

One of the biggest changes is in the roller coaster construction, which now has an extremely intuitive push/pull/twist interface. I watched a new coaster built in under a minute and adjusted using the smart tools available. The track snaps together, making it simple to create loops, corkscrews, cobra rolls, boomerangs, and more.

All of the building in Roller Coaster Tycoon World is now "remorseless." You can build before you buy (in case you don't have the money on hand), and you can move and rotate rides after they are built (instead of bulldozing and starting again).

Roller Coaster Tycoon World will ship with four landscapes (Forest, Canyon, Island, Science Fiction) and four themes (Americana, Western, Science Fiction, and Adventure). Each will offer about the same number of attractions, vendors, and the new sit-down restaurants.

Each of the themes has its own mascot, and the producer Sean Kennedy tells me that the team is taking a Disney approach. Disney Land was built as a home for Mickey and friends, and your theme parks will carry the same ethos in Roller Coaster Tycoon World. There are different versions of the characters over the years, which is intended to create a sense of history for players.

The visitors to your park are also more expressive, and you'll know if they are hungry, thirsty, or about to lose their lunch after getting off a ride. You can even see your Peeps wet their pants if you sell them cheap soft drinks and charge exorbitant prices to use the restroom.

The title offers both online and offline modes, and you can build parks with up to four friends or take over new plots on your own. You can get on each of the rides in first-person, third-person, or in a free camera mode.

Roller Coaster Tycoon World looks to build on recent learnings in the industry (the offline mode was emphasized given the SimCity debacle in 2013). It also has more personality than you might not expect from a tycoon experience, which should please series fans greatly when the title is released in 2015.

homomo

HOLY SHIT JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

rollercoaster tycoon and SimCity are my childhood. And the fourth OFFICAL REAL game is on it's way

Oh I can't breathe

The heavens have answered my prayers

I'm gonna play RCT right now. Soooo stoked

I don't think I ever played Rollercoaster Tycoon when I was younger  :giveup: This installment sounds so cool!

Archived