Stefani328

Is the artRave messy? Yes

Is it because the songs are not good live? Yes

Are the songs bad? Yes

Is the choreography bad? Yes

Have attended the show?

pachinko

Question, have you been to the show?

Yes, I was second row at the Atlantic City show. But I think someone here said it best....it's a rave, not a show. It was different.

Teal Ambition

No. I seriously have 0 complaints after attending the artRAVE. Just have fun.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

The only messy part at my show was MJH, but she doesn't perform it anymore.

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

Whispering

So many people have said the same thing.

Some people who weren't exactly Gaga fans went to the BTWBall and fell in love with her, whilst quite a few actual fans have gone to the artRAVE and left disappointed :rip:

I've seen and read the same here and on twitter about artRave. So many people, including casual fans, went and ended up being surprised that they loved it. I've seen it mentioned as a favorite show over the others many times, from fans that weren't expecting that to happen.

Whispering

The only thing I HATE from what I have seen so far are the shortened songs. I love Gaga but that's so ****ing lazy. Fans paid for a 20 song, 2h+ long set list, not 20 songs done in like 1h30.

Everything else looks good.

When you bought your tickets, no where on the ticket did it specify a time. The show does not run for an hour and 30 minutes.The show runs between an hour and forty five minutes up to closer to two hours, and that is pretty standard, especially for the ticket price. 

Alien Tulip

Why the hell did you pay $500 dollars? :rip: I'd be dissapointed in a show too if I paid that much :sweat:

Because I make a lot of money and I was expecting a show similar to swine fest but the show is definitely didn't live up to my expectations. 

When you bought your tickets, no where on the ticket did it specify a time. The show does not run for an hour and 30 minutes.The show runs between an hour and forty five minutes up to closer to two hours, and that is pretty standard, especially for the ticket price. 

No it did not. But you expect full songs as everybody does, not half assed first verse-chorus-bridge-chorus songs. I mean, she does Judas, Aura and I don't know what else in under three minutes. Ok, so it runs 1h45. The MB was 2h+ and the BTWB was almost 2h30.

Ok you may argue that the length is standard and maybe it is (Glee Live was like 1h15) but still that does not make it acceptable.

who will love me when the night is over

Whispering

No it did not. But you expect full songs as everybody does, not half assed first verse-chorus-bridge-chorus songs. I mean, she does Judas, Aura and I don't know what else in under three minutes. Ok, so it runs 1h45. The MB was 2h+ and the BTWB was almost 2h30.

Ok you may argue that the length is standard and maybe it is (Glee Live was like 1h15) but still that does not make it acceptable.

Yeah, standard and a good value for the price, make it acceptable. If the total time was highly unusual, all the reviews would mention it negatively, and that hasn't been the case.

Eh, shortened songs are also standard. Most artist shorten songs, even Beyoncé does it.

Yeah, standard and a good value for the price, make it acceptable. If the total time was highly unusual, all the reviews would mention it negatively, and that hasn't been the case.

Eh, shortened songs are also standard. Most artist shorten songs, even Beyoncé does it.

I've seen a lot of concerts and the only one that does it as an automatic thing is Gaga. Yes I agree that cutting a couple of old or new songs short is normal (kind of like Beyonce does it) but not cutting a whole bunch of songs, many of which are in the album you are promoting on the current tour. I don't think it's acceptable (and many people here don't either btw) but that's what I think of it

who will love me when the night is over

Far from messy. I went twice and had the best time ever. People can't base their opinions of the show off YouTube videos because they don't do the show justice. The show was amazing live.

I will say though.... All my friends were underwhelmed. Only because they were expecting something else.

1 friend had been to the BTWB and fell in love with Gaga after that. She went to the artRave expecting what she saw at the BTWB and was let down cause it was "less theatrical and interactive with no slow songs"

My other friend, who has been to every Gaga tour with me (TFB, TMB 1.0 and 2.0 and the BTWB) had an amazing time but said it was really different than her other tours and again, not as theatrical and not as much interaction

Then the last friend who is quite a bit older than us (she's 35) and has never been to a concert other than a country concert, didn't really know what to think. She didn't have a bad time... But she wasn't thrilled either. But I didn't expect her to be. She's not a partyer, she's not a dancer... And she's on the floor with thousands of people partying and dancing. She would have appreciated the BTWB with a seat I think a little more than standing on the floor at a rave.

So all in all, I don't think their opinions necessarily reflected the show itself, I just think they expected something else..... And one didn't really know what to expect

And I just had the time of my freaking life. I'd love to go back and experience it all over again

Archived