Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Swinefest damaged ARTPOP's reception.

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I feel like Swinefest is the reason why many people say ARTPOP is "soul less" or why many felt underwhelmed by the studio album. What I mean by this is that if Swinefest had never happened, people would have nothing to compare the album to, and they would have not felt as dissapointed. Many here use the argument that ARTPOP was watered down compared to what Gaga performed at Swinefest. But if you think about it, nearly all Gaga songs from all of her albums have less instrumentation on their studio versions compared to when she performs the songs live. If Gaga had performed a "Swinefest" for all her previous albums, I am sure many here would also have felt underwhelmed by those albums. Finally, I think it all comes down to music preference. The people that felt most disappointed by the album version of the songs, probably prefer live or non electronic instrumentation.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth

I disagree. Everyone knows that live performances =/= album versions so I don't see why it would've had much impact on how people viewed ARTPOP. It's clear that you're going to be able to feel more 'soul' through a live performance that you are by listening to an album. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

It sounds soulless regardless. Her first 3 albums for the most part sound just as good or better than their live counterparts.

One Five Ten

I disagree, but agree that playing new songs at Swinefest 2.5 months before the album release was a mistake, as all the hype was gone by the time the album came out - whereas with BTW it was at boiling point. 

How I feel about it is Swinefest honestly shouldn't have happened. She shouldn't have ruined the album by playing 8/15 tracks from the album,plus the five snippets we heard of songs before the album's release. That's what killed ARTPOP's reception and its sales. She should've gone the route of her first three albums and not released any songs or perform any songs prior to the album's release date.

I disagree. Everyone knows that live performances =/= album versions so I don't see why it would've had much impact on how people viewed ARTPOP. It's clear that you're going to be able to feel more 'soul' through a live performance that you are by listening to an album.

The same thing happened when the Government Hooker DJWS remix was played at the Mugler show; the version we got on the album was so much slower and a lot of people didn't like it as much.

Jonna Lee

How I feel about it is Swinefest honestly shouldn't have happened. She shouldn't have ruined the album by playing 8/15 tracks from the album,plus the five snippets we heard of songs before the album's release. That's what killed ARTPOP's reception and its sales. She should've gone the route of her first three albums and not released any songs or perform any songs prior to the album's release date.

she performed quite a bit of BTW before it came out.

But I agree. the "promo" singles and the snippets honestly ruined ARTPOP. If there hadn't been those stupid promo singles, Lord knows this era would've fared better.

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

degenerate

Cool. All she wanted to do was give you guys a treat and preview some of the goodies she had been working on. I'm sorry that you feel the need to spin it into something so negative and unappreciative.

Um.... :rip:

Gurl everyone did not expect super autotuned vocals and a ****ty breakdown on Swine

I loved Sexxx Dreams slow, mysterious & Sexxxy, however the new bridge and vocals SLAYED!

The Hee Hees on ARTPOP were cut a lot

Jewels N' Drugs lacked the breakdown

That's about it for me

degenerate

The same thing happened when the Government Hooker DJWS remix was played at the Mugler show; the version we got on the album was so much slower and a lot of people didn't like it as much.

****ting my pants just thinking about it.

I liked the studio version of Government Hooker better actually, but I loved the heavy rock influence on the Mugler Remix!

Gaga Live > Studio, for me swine is the only track that lacks soul the song is nothing on the album and everything live but I really like ARTPOP studio album just as much as her swinefest performance

degenerate

Exactly. When people are like, "THE INSTRUMENTAL WAS SO MUCH BETTER LIVE," like, child, it's because it was LIVE.

Archived