💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Customizable 3DS Announced! New Functionality, New Games

Morbid

Featured Posts

In this morning’s Nintendo 3DS Direct, they revealed the latest models of the Nintendo 3DS with the New Nintendo 3DS XL (LL in Japan) and New Nintendo 3DS.

The New 3DS has screen size that is 1.2 times larger than the regular 3DS, with new colorful buttons based off the Super Famicom controllers.

Meanwhile, Nintendo have also added a small joystick on the right-side, that is based off the Gamecube’s C-stick, which will come in handy for games like Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

The ZR and ZL buttons that are on the Circle Pad Pro are also included in the new 3DS series, in addition to newer brightness adjustments, and improved 3D viewing angles.

New Nintendo 3DS will also use Micro-SD cards as well, along with a new feature that will make it easier to transfer media files to and from PCs. It’ll also have an improved browser that’ll make things easier to browse the internet, along with user filters for the younger fans.

The CPU is getting powered up, and downloading software will also be faster than ever, and past software will all still be available to play on the new models.

The price will go for 16,000 yen for the New Nintendo 3DS, 18,800 yen for the New Nintendo 3DS XL, when it gets released on October 11, 2014 in Japan.

It was also noted that the New Nintendo 3DS models aren’t expected to be released in North America or Europe within the year.

tumblr_nb2fvgAQSD1qzp9weo2_1280.png

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/29/new-nintendo-3ds-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-announced-powerful/

The New 3DS will also be customizable with interchangable plates! 

tumblr_nb2hbwhJ9u1qzp9weo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nb2hbwhJ9u1qzp9weo4_1280.jpg

Unfortunately, only the 3DS model and not the XL will have the interchangable plates. At least for now? Also I have no idea if the screen resolution has been uped. That would be nice.

RAMROD

Oh, but I am still happy with my 3DS. I will stick with it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Haroon

Oooh interchangeable plates! It seems nice and great that they've further improved the 3DS/XL but it's VERY unfair that some games won't even run on the 3DS/XL because of lower CPU power :huh: I'd understand it if it was a totally new handheld console that didn't have backward compatibility, but having handhelds in the same generation that don't play certain games of the same generation seems absolutely ridiculous to me :smh:

I'll probably stay with my Pikachu 3DS XL for quite a while. I'm fine with Nintendo rolling out improved consoles every year, but when it blocks off gamers from playing specific games is where the problem lies :grr:

Neight Shayde

I just got an XL tho. It's okay, at least they didn't reveal a new console. We got no time for that

thatfoxyfeeling

So much for Nintendo changing their products to target the 'hardcore gamers'.

Ray of Light

:megaflop: as long as my XL runs Animal Crossing/Pokemon for years; I'll be good

it's stupid that new games don't work with old devices, they just want to force people to give them dem coins by upgrading to get the better games :ohwell:

Darcklighter22

So they just revamped the screen made it a little faster and added new colours to the design. I've actually been contemplating getting a 2DS might just wait  for some holiday special  :coffee:

Archived