Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charmed

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

FFXSoul91

And the whole "Leo couldn't get there in time to save both sisters, so he chose Piper" thing didn't make sense either since he healed them both at the same time earlier in the episode.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heavymlover

Well, Charmed is not exactly known for its logic. I mean, they never brought Prue back from the death like they did with many other characters. I kind of understand that because of Shannen's clear lack of enthusiasm though.

I do agree that season 8 was kind of dissapointing. I was expecting it to be bigger.

FFXSoul91

Well, Charmed is not exactly known for its logic. I mean, they never brought Prue back from the death like they did with many other characters. I kind of understand that because of Shannen's clear lack of enthusiasm though.

The situation with Shannen is so confusing. There are so many different reports about what actually went down. To my knowledge though, they were going to choose to either kill Phoebe or Prue off after the season 3 finale, but weren't sure which until after it had aired. They went with Prue because Alyssa Milano was viewed as more popular and they apparently called Shannen and told her she was fired over the phone. They didn't even give her a chance to film a proper death scene or anything.

Then they considered bringing her back for the season 8 finale, but decided not to because it would be "all about Prue" instead of giving the series closure.

If all this is true, they went about it in a very crappy way and made some very poor decisions. Constance M. Burge handled the series much better.

Anomaly

Whoa, there wasn't a thread for this? Charmed is my favorite show of all time, too. I've seen every episode at least three times each. :yes: It kind of hurts to watch it some times because of how invested I was in the show and because of all the memories and feelings associated with it.

Anomaly

The situation with Shannen is so confusing. There are so many different reports about what actually went down. To my knowledge though, they were going to choose to either kill Phoebe or Prue off after the season 3 finale, but weren't sure which until after it had aired. They went with Prue because Alyssa Milano was viewed as more popular and they apparently called Shannen and told her she was fired over the phone. They didn't even give her a chance to film a proper death scene or anything.

Then they considered bringing her back for the season 8 finale, but decided not to because it would be "all about Prue" instead of giving the series closure.

If all this is true, they went about it in a very crappy way and made some very poor decisions. Constance M. Burge handled the series much better.

That's not true. There was a lot of tension on the set, particularly between Alyssa and Shannen (and Holly as well, since her and Shannen were best friends). Shannen was not fired, she left the show because she felt that there was too much drama on the set and that certain people (namely Alyssa) weren't putting the same amount of passion in that she was. Eventually the feud between them just kind of exploded and she decided to leave the show. There are so many interviews and such about the subject, they're very easy to find. Here's a quick one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeXsQIO7wiQ

And the reason why Prue never "came back" as a ghost or was never shown in pictures or included in any future episodes was because including the slightest glimpse of her would cost the producers a fortune (which was something they absolutely could not afford), just for having her in the show once she was no longer on contract. The show went through some really extreme financial crises and the actresses even took pay cuts and whatnot to keep the show running. It's crazy, but I'm happy with the way it all turned out. Despite all of the drama behind the scenes, this show will forever be my number one. :legend:

How did I miss the existence of this thread? Mess. :giveup:

This is my favorite TV serie. It reminds me of my childhood. I rewatched it recently,and it's still great. My favorite character is Piper, but I like all of the sisters. I think seasons 3 & 4 are the best. The last one kinda left the bad taste in my mouth when I first watched it, but I'm ok with it now. I would really like to see Charmed movie with both Prue and Paige. :flutter:

• 3 weeks later...
FFXSoul91

New artwork for the rerelease of the complete series, out in November:

Bv0Z5SzCcAAVisq.jpg

I'm glad they included Prue!

That's not true. There was a lot of tension on the set, particularly between Alyssa and Shannen (and Holly as well, since her and Shannen were best friends). Shannen was not fired, she left the show because she felt that there was too much drama on the set and that certain people (namely Alyssa) weren't putting the same amount of passion in that she was. Eventually the feud between them just kind of exploded and she decided to leave the show. There are so many interviews and such about the subject, they're very easy to find. Here's a quick one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeXsQIO7wiQ

Thanks! I'd never seen that before and that clears up a lot of my questions.

Season 1,2 and 5 are my fav :flutter:

I love the "Monster of the day" episodes, they were more light hearted and fun.

The sixth and third season were praised by many as the two best seasons. But I found them too focused on a particular subject.

FameHookah

Yaaass this was my fave show as a kid , i always wanted to move things with my mind lmao and i also tried to freeze time a lot of times :dead:

Piper is the best :legend:

And leo was my crush :flutter:

WTF is MDNA

MonsterMarty

Seasons 1-3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest.

Prue > Paige, and y'all will deal.

The show had a much cooler vibe to it in the original three seasons, and the Season 3 finale was the best episode by far. When Prue gets mad as hell and uses her powers to fling the reporters out of ha way to get Piper to the hospital...  :worship2:

Levine

Seasons 1-3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest.

Prue > Paige, and y'all will deal.

The show had a much cooler vibe to it in the original three seasons, and the Season 3 finale was the best episode by far. When Prue gets mad as hell and uses her powers to fling the reporters out of ha way to get Piper to the hospital...  :worship2:

I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD you said! Everything!

I still can't believe HOW BAD is the last season with Kylie Cuoco and her sister  :dies:

My seasons ranking

3 >> 2 >>> 1 >>>>>>> 4 >>>  6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5-7-8 all tragic

Archived