Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP and the end of Lady Gaga

Karandr

Featured Posts

I'm adamant she did not flop on purpose, the most obvious reason is because the music on the album was way below par compared to her previous works. An artist that wants to be taken seriously would never do that and because it's career suicide. She got lazy imo and now her career hangs in the balance, her next album needs to be flawless or else she's over.

This sums up the whole situation, and is why every day I find myself liking Gaga less and less. And if you had told me this a year ago, I would never have believed you - Gaga really helped me to grow up and establish my identity, and I always pictured myself loving her forever. 

One of the things I have always admired about Gaga is her relentless work ethic. Her huge success is a direct result of the sheer amount of effort she put into her work. From the second I saw her walking around in plaid shirts and Dope beanies, I knew that Lady Gaga was over. She had maintained a mystique and an illusion for her entire career, her life according to her was a 'work of art'. The moment she actively chose to let that slide was the moment I knew this era would disappoint me. And as predicted, this laziness was soon reflected in the music, the tour, the videos, the fashion and even the promo. Back in the Born This Way era, it seemed like we had a new interview every other day, now we're lucky to get any at all. 

Gaga has lost her spark or her interest - or both. It feels now like she is only doing this to get a quick buck. And unfortunately for her, she has dug her own grave; her enigma and mystique is something she will never be able to retrieve. The second she chose to slack off, it was gone forever. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

I wonder if C2C will thematically tie in with Gaga's career or if it will be further removed from her other work?

Well those shots we seen for the album shoot (?) look very "Gaga" but I think it'll still be quite removed from her own work.

Saying this though, I think Tony's image will be different in this era so we'll see what happens.

djBuffoon

Why would she be leaving "the narrow spectrum of conventional pop music" by releasing her most safe pop album yet?

TFM was several years ago :huh:

MonsterOfSpain

I'll be here for gaga no matter how much she changes. Your post was very interesting to read, and gave me a new look on ARTPOP.

Chromatislaps

Right, she said that her next album after CheeckToCheeck will be her best :)

When did she say that? :nooo: :giveup:

Benji

TFM was several years ago :huh:

She's released two albums since TFM, one of them being called ARTPOP which is the one I'm referring to. Have you been paying attention? :huh:

The theory is very compelling, solely because if it's indeed the intention of Gaga to deviate from the things that made her immensely popular and controversial such as the outrageous antics, 'crazy' fashion, highly provocative imagery, and the dance/pop sound all along prior to the commercial and critical reception of ARTPOP, then that'd only make her a visionary genius - a story any fan of a music star would love to read and a type of story any paper would love to sell. It's a win-win situation for all parties involved. And that actually makes me hope that this is indeed her intention which would have an accompanying execution. I guess we've to wait and see. 

Benji

The theory is very compelling, solely because if it's indeed the intention of Gaga to deviate from the things that made her immensely popular and controversial such as the outrageous antics, 'crazy' fashion, highly provocative imagery, and the dance/pop sound all along prior to the commercial and critical reception of ARTPOP, then that'd only make her a visionary genius - a story any fan of a music star would love to read and a type of story any paper would love to sell. It's a win-win situation for all parties involved. And that actually makes me hope that this is indeed her intention which would have an accompanying execution. I guess we've to wait and see. 

"Deviate from..."

"Outrageous antics"

Lady-Gaga-vomit-SXSW.gif

"crazy fashion"

lady-gaga,-lady-gaga-eccentric-outfit,-l

"Highly provocative imagery"

Lady_Gaga_-_Do_What_U_Want.png

"Dance/Pop Sound"

BV_ag3xCEAAWNsx.jpg

If that was an intention with ARTPOP, she's gone a funny way of showing it :sharon:

thomasFr

We all know that the biggest inspiration of GAGA is D Bowie, and I've always believed that shhe would do such as he did, killing her character one day to come back later with another one or as Stefani.

Back in The Fame Era, remember when she said that her show at VMA's of Paparazzi was just a rehersal, there's many sentences and things that make me think of that, end of 1st chapter too

I think after next year will be the end of Gaga after the space performance and the b-side album

(rumors of the last music video of Paparzzi trilogy for the end of the year are possible with this theory of end of Gaga because she just wanna shut down everything about it)

djBuffoon

She's released two albums since TFM, one of them being called ARTPOP which is the one I'm referring to. Have you been paying attention? :huh:

Of course, and I'm being cheeky and serious at the same time.

Benji

Of course, and I'm being cheeky and serious at the same time.

shut the front door rHLdX.png

"Deviate from..."

"Outrageous antics"

Lady-Gaga-vomit-SXSW.gif

"crazy fashion"

lady-gaga,-lady-gaga-eccentric-outfit,-l

"Highly provocative imagery"

Lady_Gaga_-_Do_What_U_Want.png

"Dance/Pop Sound"

BV_ag3xCEAAWNsx.jpg

If that was an intention with ARTPOP, she's gone a funny way of showing it :sharon:

:toofunny: Further proving that the original intention, if we consider all the things pulled during this album's run, wasn't to prepare for the "ending of the beginning" of her brand. That what makes the theory to prove otherwise very compelling. It's always more desirable to hear that she has planned everything all along, even the 'weakening' of her already existing brand, than hearing the "ending of the beginning" thing as nothing but an excuse to hype the next material. Now, all eyes would be set on whether she'd actually implement that 'plan' or not. If she does, then great. It'll be one great story to sell. If not, then let's hope everyone has forgotten what was earlier said or implied. As a fan, I'm hoping for the former. I mean, who wouldn't? 

Archived