Divergent vs. Hunger Games (Series)

Atlas

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which series overall?

• Hunger Games
    • Divergent

Featured Posts

OBEY

I like the world-building in the Hunger Games a lot better. It's just made much more sense to me why things are the way they are. Althought Tris and Four are just adorable, I've always felt more attached to the characters of the HG series. And when I finished the entire Divergent series I sort of just went on with my day (except for that one last huge event at the end that shocked me). But when I finished reading the Hunger Games series I felt like an emotional mess that didn't know what to do with their life. Now this isn't to say that the Divergent series is horrible. It has plenty of great things about it. Tris felt like more of a happy person to me whereas Katniss was depressive, sarcastic, and somewhat annoying(which is where I sort of related to her :emma: ). But overall, both are great. I just like HG better.

thats weird, i'm the oppisite :emma:

after finishing the hunger games i was like "ok thats it?"

but when i finished divergent, it impacted me waaaaay more than Hunger Games, i was a complete mess

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats weird, i'm the oppisite :emma:

after finishing the hunger games i was like "ok thats it?"

but when i finished divergent, it impacted me waaaaay more than Hunger Games, i was a complete mess

Same here, but I honestly love Allegiant. It's probably in my Top 10 Books

(not number 1 though, that's 1984 :) number 2 is To Kill a Mockingbird)

HausOfMark

oh god

this is a hard decision. i love all 6 books equally and i cant pick but i have to pick the hunger games books for this. 

-Mark

aquaprincess

never read the divergent book series so i cant judge the books. i will say i liked the divergent movie better than the hunger games movie overall. plus theo is hot as ****.but overall im a hunger games fan.i love katniss and i love jennifer lawrence. ive read the books and watching all of the movies.catching fire movie was the bomb.

Divergent series even tho I couldn't finish the last one after finding out what happens.

:emo:  :emo:  :emo:  :emo:  :emo:  HOLD ME

• 2 weeks later...
ZombieBoy

Divergent is much deeper than Hunger Games, and much more entertaining, so I'll go with that.

• 1 month later...

Hm ....

Divergent has some really amazing character development and tight situations that really push Tris' personality far. However, I feel like it lacks smart or memorable dialogues, due to the action-based devices....

MarryTheSequins

So? Even though Tris died, it was for a good cause. She saved the lives of 1000s, if not millions of Genetically Damaged people. She saved everyone in Chicago from being reset. Most of all, Tris died for her brother. :)

she could've done all of that without getting shot by that David idiot

Archived