1. 1. Which series overall?

• Hunger Games
    • Divergent

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poker

I haven't read Divergent and Hunger Games in full yet, but I enjoy Divergent more as a book. As a movie I have to go with Hunger Games, but I really really liked Divergent.

Kindness rules all.

SpadesToStart

While the first Hunger Games book is amazing, as a whole, the Divergent series is far better.  I was satisfied with the way Divergent ended, whereas Mockingbird left me ticked off.

I also prefer Divergent's characters.  Tris and Four are much more tolerable and believable than Katniss and Peeta.

Poker

Tris and Four are much more tolerable and believable than Katniss and Peeta.

:legend:

Kindness rules all.

Jjang

While the first Hunger Games book is amazing, as a whole, the Divergent series is far better.  I was satisfied with the way Divergent ended, whereas Mockingbird left me ticked off.

I also prefer Divergent's characters.  Tris and Four are much more tolerable and believable than Katniss and Peeta.

I agree on Four and Tris.

OBEY

I really love both.

But the story in general and characters are better in Divergent. also the last book of divergent and the ending is waaaaaaaay better than Hunger Games imo

I really love both.

But the story in general and characters are better in Divergent. also the last book of divergent and the ending is waaaaaaaay better than Hunger Games imo

preach :hug:

RAMROD

Hunger Games series for me.

Divergent series is not fun cos the heroine died in the end, mess.

Cannot like sad ending like that, so depressing. Let the real lufe depressed me, but not what I read or watch or listen to. :manicure:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Hunger Games series for me.

Divergent series is not fun cos the heroine died in the end, mess.

Cannot like sad ending like that, so depressing. Let the real lufe depressed me, but not what I read or watch or listen to. :manicure:

So? Even though Tris died, it was for a good cause. She saved the lives of 1000s, if not millions of Genetically Damaged people. She saved everyone in Chicago from being reset. Most of all, Tris died for her brother. :)

RAMROD

So? Even though Tris died, it was for a good cause. She saved the lives of 1000s, if not millions of Genetically Damaged people. She saved everyone in Chicago from being reset. Most of all, Tris died for her brother. :)

That is good and all, but still depressing tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

EGOT2027

I think the Divergent books are written better, but the story of the Hunger Games is better. Also, as of right now the Hunger Games movies blow the Divergent movies out of the water. All in all, they are two great trilogies of books and movies.

TheOriginalOne

I like the world-building in the Hunger Games a lot better. It's just made much more sense to me why things are the way they are. Althought Tris and Four are just adorable, I've always felt more attached to the characters of the HG series. And when I finished the entire Divergent series I sort of just went on with my day (except for that one last huge event at the end that shocked me). But when I finished reading the Hunger Games series I felt like an emotional mess that didn't know what to do with their life. Now this isn't to say that the Divergent series is horrible. It has plenty of great things about it. Tris felt like more of a happy person to me whereas Katniss was depressive, sarcastic, and somewhat annoying(which is where I sort of related to her :emma: ). But overall, both are great. I just like HG better.

Archived