💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

APPLAUSE/ SWINE drawing

AdelaAngelo

Featured Posts

AdelaAngelo

tumblr_n98bz5LqYm1twqs1wo1_1280.jpg

PAINT YOUR FACE AND CATCH THE BEAT

This was inspired by (obviously) APPLAUSE and SWINE.

I just think SWINE is probably the most powerful song on the album and ever since I watched that SXSW performance with the amazing Millie Brown I wanted to make sth inspired by it. And I just couldn’t not connect the paint vomiting with APPLAUSE…

Here’s what meaning I see behind it:

In this drawing APPLAUSE is the FACE and SWINE is the MASK. It represents the dark side of Gaga’s past, everything that she had to go throught in order to get here, all the swine she went through. It also represents The Fame. As she says in one of her crevette films â€The Pop said he needed a new faceâ€, so she created a face - the mask. You can probably see the Poker Face and Dance In The Dark elements on it; that’s The Fame. â€Pop ate my heart, and then he swallowed my brainâ€, it’s like He has taken full control of her. Until ARTPOP. “Free my mind, ARTPOP, you make my heart stopâ€. This album is about freedom, to me this is probably her most personal album because she is just so open about her feelings. It’s like she’s broken the mask and is finally ready to reveal her true self. To arise from the ashes like a phoenix. ARTPOP is a rebirth. And in this drawing APPLAUSE represents that inner power. She no longer has to be 'the sad clown behind the mask'. It’s a celebration of ART. And if you just paint your face (acknowledge what ARTPOP is about and let it free you) and catch the beat (just listen to the music and forget the charts) you’ll get to experience the album fully.

But tbh, as I was making the drawing and didn’t think of it that much. When I finished it I just smoked some and played ARTPOP really loud and this is what I came up with… Hope you like it, peace!

(Hope you like it and i would really appreciate it if you help me get this to @gaga somehow; like you could tweet her the drawing or a link to this post, idk... my twitter is @adela_angelo and it would honestly mean the world to me as it's my dream for her to see my art ;d <3 xox)

Henry

OMFGGGGG SLAYYYYYY SWINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :legend: I LIVE FOR THE APPLAUSEEEEEEEEEEE  :legend:

monsterdreams

One of the best fan art pieces I've seen in a long time :applause:

So so good!

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

AdelaAngelo

One of the best fan art pieces I've seen in a long time :applause:

So so good!

wow thanks! 

Teri Hatcher

Wow its really good!!!

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Ambrosia

Absolutely incredible, jaw-dropping work and explanation.  :applause:

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

You're incredible, I wish I could be as half as good as you and I'd be happy. I love your inspiration and ability to something different with you art as well. You'll go far sis :applause::legend:

AdelaAngelo

You're incredible, I wish I could be as half as good as you and I'd be happy. I love your inspiration and ability to something different with you art as well. You'll go far sis :applause::legend:

this means a lot, really. do you draw? if yes you should just keep it up cuz at the beginning I was only doing simple portraits and could never change a picture if i wanted to... this is actually one of my first more creative works and im kinda proud of it.. but what im saying is that it took me years (tho i never went to art classes or sth otherwise it could take less time ;d) 

Archived