💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

When Marnie Was There

ItsTommyBitch

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8U60uw2Go

The first gay Ghibli movie :giveup:

I got all teary eyed just watching the trailer. I kind of hope they translate it, but if thy don't its ok. I understand enough japanese anyway :teehee: + Most of the emotional depth will go away because english VAs tend to suck in comparison :manicure:

But yeah! Thought i'd share.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Yanko

this is horrible teaching kids about homos-xuality ull burn in hell

jk

:troll:

movie looks beautiful

i love ghibli :heart:

FRANK1991

it seemed more like a close friendship tho

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

ItsTommyBitch

it seemed more like a close friendship tho

Its based off of a novel, but it seems to be a loose interpretation because of the fact that they made it, well Japanese.

Its interpreted into japanese culture -- a place where a phrase like "daisuki" or "suki" is not as colloquial as "I love you" is in english speaking countries. We tell our friends we love them and things like that and even use it jokingly, where as "suki" or esp. "daisuki" is, to my knowledge, used in a much more serious romantic manner. There's also a bit less social stigma towards bis-xual behavior of young girls in Japan. To have a crush on another girl or even like her romantically at a young age isn't such a bad thing and theres no "omg, shes a lesbian, ostracize her!" mentality. (At least not when they are young :laughga:)

Based on that knowledge, (which I hope is still accurate :P research and personal accounts can only say so much...)

No, its definitely not an explicit child lesbian story, just a love between friends that may or may not be platonic... but is leaning towards romantic. Japan doesn't have such a giant sensor on Homos-xuality in children's media like many other places. I would say they are in love in a girl x girl way (which is just normal love) We can bet if it gets dubbed it will be reduced to a close close friendship though...

*EDIT*

Tbh, despite the whole 'i love you!" "i love you too!" moment which is obv. and not mistranslated, it feels like it might end up one of those SUPER close old time-y relationships which is really just a bit gay, but it will never be expressly said -- so as to avoid bad press of any time and keep people guessing. It might be one of those "its just LOVE, like pure honest true love between 2 people that surpasses any kind of gender :flutter: That'd be the best way to go imo.

*EDIT 2*

Ok, so i was a bit mixed up about "suki".

It can mean both "like" and "love". What kind of double entendre discreetness that will either make it gay or not :giveup: Like, suki is a bit more romantic than daisuki when you're talking about people but still, we will never know.

I'm a ****ing mess. I edited this like 5 times as i refreshed myself with info :rip:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived