💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Movie: Dear White People

ItsTommyBitch

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwJhmqLU0so

It looks like great satire :lmao:

Some of the things said in this trailer alone describe so much about modern perceptions of race and role reversal.

Discuss little monsters :hor:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Redstreak

Is it going to be a widespread release?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

ItsTommyBitch

I don't really agree with this double standard. If the movie was called "Dear Black People" the world would go implode. :awkney:

This movie is made to address this attitude :lmao:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

FATCAT

I don't mean to seem racist, but this move at face value, is gonna cause a lot of problems.

This movie is made to address this attitude :lmao:

Address this attitude? What do you mean?

Purr more, hiss less.

ItsTommyBitch

I don't mean to seem racist, but this move at face value, is gonna cause a lot of problems.

Address this attitude? What do you mean?

Pushing the envelope can be a good thing tbh :manicure: Let them rage. If it gets people thinking while remaining entertaining, its job is done.

Bad word choice on my end tbh...  I should've said that the movie looks like its going to give personal insight and highlight many different faces and thoughts about the topic -- including the one inuborg said. I just found it funny because his comment is already shared by a lot of people and may change/become different after seeing the movie or doing research on the topic. Its a common thought process and it seems like, to me at least, the movie will be satirizing that type of thought process specifically, (and many others).

The trailer shows a lot of different view points on racism in just 2 minutes. I think its incredibly accurate, especially in showing that even among black people there are varying levels of what we find to be racist and not -- theres no universal consensus, let alone a colloquial one -- as you can see even though these people go to the same college and live in a similar society to one another.

Salvador Dali

"Sometimes I think the hardest thing to be, in the American World, is an educated white guy."

:lmao:

This looks great. :applause:  

ItsTommyBitch

Is it going to be a widespread release?

I'm not sure. It will start @ the Sundance film festival, so i guess there is a chance if it does well? Not entirely sure on the details, but I will make an effort to see this movie in any way that I can.

Maybe it will get the G.B.F treatment and go straight to Netflix though :laughga:

*EDIT*

I lied.

It was a winner @ the 2014 Sundance Film Festival  It will see a limited theater release :giveup:

MahoganySnitch

Me gusta.

And if there was a "Dear Black People" movie, there would be indeed criticism, but also calls for Black people to "get over it" in the name of humor/satire/whathaveyou. 

You see it all the time: "it's just a joke!" "omg there are worse things goin on, why you complaining about a movie?"" and so on. 

Prometheus

I just hope they don't make all the white people in this movie insensitive, privileged morons.

ItsTommyBitch

I just hope they don't make all the white people in this movie insensitive, privileged morons.

Thats a good point tbh! :udidnt:

They are showing a variety of different black opinions and personalities on the topic, but the trailer only really showed the one guy like "its hard to be an american white guy". Honestly, role reversal (like showing white people as characters) is kind of hilarious to me, but I think if they don't play it right it could potentially undermine the point of the movie. That would be unfortunate -- to trade the power of the message for humor to appeal to audiences :ohno:

Reviews say its great though so far, and i havent seen it mention so i think it wont be like that.

Archived