💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Emily's artRave Guide: FAQ

Lana Winters

Featured Posts

Lana Winters

Seeing as I have been to the artRave three times and have a pretty good knowledge on the details I've decided to make a guide to the show from questions I've seen asked around here many times. Hopefully this will help people prepare for their shows and clear up any questions they may have.

Feel free to ask questions as well if you do not see an answer listed here in the FAQâ€â€I'll come back later and edit the post.

2w4fvye.png

What is the difference between regular general admission (GA) and Little Monster Zone (LMZ)?

General is just thatâ€â€general admission. Little Monster Zone, most commonly referred to as "LMZ" is a special VIP Package that includes one general admission ticket, merchandise (bubble gun, hardcover tour book, tote bag, and lanyard) with the addition of having the luxury of getting in early before regular GA.

What is the difference between Little Monster Zone and ARTPOP Zone?

There is a pretty big difference between the two. Little Monster Zone is general admission that gets you onto the floor early. ARTPOP Zone is the $1500 meet and greet package with their own separate elevated seating area off the floor. You do not get a meet and greet with Little Monster Zone or get into the private area.

What time does LMZ get allowed in vs. General Admission?

Depending on the email you receive about a week before the show it will explain all the details on the timing. Typically check-in starts from anywhere from 5-6 or in some cases 5:30-6:30 pm. You will be checked in and wait about 10-30 minutes before being allowed on the floor usually around 6:45. You can get your spot on the floor and then general admission is let in around 7 o'clock.

Is Little Monster Zone really worth the extra money?

Speaking from experienceâ€â€only get Little Monster Zone if you want to be at the main stage and cannot afford to be the first few in regular general admission line. If you plan to be around the bridge or any other spots just camp out for a few hours ahead of time and don't stress. Any view is a good view with the way the stage is set up.But if you can't because of work/school/time restrictions then splurge the extra money on Little Monster Zone.

How many Little Monster Zone tickets are sold per night? Do they take up a lot of space?

Anywhere from 200-300 early admission tickets are sold each night. They do take up a majority of the space at the main stage (usually about rows 1-4) and a good portion of the little gap between the bridge and catwalk. It depends on what people want to do at the show but the main stage rows 1-3 will definitely be taken up.

How many ARTPOP Zone tickets are available?

There are 20 ARTPOP Zone tickets for each date.

Can I transfer and/or sell my VIP Packages?

This is a risky move. Check-in is required for all VIP Packages with the purchaser needing to be present at the time to present an ID that has a matching name that was used for the credit card that purchased the tickets. I have personally seen people stand in line with their friend/sibling/children etc and then once inside check in for them and then leave but it depends on how relaxed the check-in process is. In Atlantic City, they only asked my name and I told them and signed my name down but they told me to have my ID out. At Philly they just asked for a name. At Roseland they required my ID and pulled people off to the side for those who did not match their ID. So if you're selling and/or buying a VIP Packageâ€â€be aware of the risks.

What if my friend, parents, etc bought the tickets for me?

Contact Ticketmaster immediately. If you have matching last names they might be willing to transfer the name for you providing that you give proof. If all else fails make sure to bring their ID with you to the show and/or print out a copy just be safe.

Do I need to be the one who purchased seated tickets to attend the concert?

No. The name on the credit card information only applies to VIP Package holders.

What merchandise do you get with VIP Packages?

You get a tote bag, hardcover tour book (not available to the public), bubble gun, and lanyard for VIP Package merch.

photo credit: http://kadenkills.tumblr.com/post/86726404743/lmz-merch-for-artrave

Do you get the merch before the concert? What do you do with it?

Early shows did not get their merchandise packages beforehand as they were not ready to be released and these were mailed out. Current shows you will get the merchandise when you check in and most likely you will have to hold it throughout the concert. This was the case for me at Roseland Ballroom and Atlantic City. Unless there is a coat checkâ€â€be prepared to hold the tote bag all night long.

2f09mw9.png

Do I have to get there early if I have seated tickets?

No, you do not have to show up early/camp out if you have seats. Nobody is going to take your seat. Doors open at 7-7:30pm depending on the venue and you can decide to show up then and hang out, get merch, watch the opening acts, etc or you can show up late and skip the opening acts. It depends on what you want to do

What time should I arrive to the venue for the best spot if I have General Admission?

This depends on where you want to be for the show. Some people show up to the venue the morning of the show around 8-10am (sometimes even earlier) with the majority of people not starting to show up around 12pm. If you want the main stage, show up early but remember that LMZ will still be in front of you. If you want to make friends and experience something different, show up early.

Any view is a good view on the floor. Do not be afraid of getting a "bad" view because you got there late. In New York City I did not arrive until 4:45 and was number 368 in the general admission line and was near the bridge/ARTPOP Zone and it was a perfect view. Do not be afraid to show up later than you expected!

What about Little Monster Zone? Do I still have to show up early?

You do

not necessarily have to show up early and camp out for LMZ since you paid the extra money to get in before general admission. Keep in mind that 200-300 people also have that perk but even then that is not a lot. It's just food for thought. Personally, I was late to check-in in Philly (check-in was supposed to be at 5-6) and I showed up at 5:15 and got in line and got front row barricade at the main stage. People spread out. The floor is huge. You can camp out for the experience of making awesome friends and memories however.

What about bathroom breaks and food?

Breathe. You'll make friends in line and people do not care about you going out of line in order to get some food and to go to the bathroom. Nobody expects you to pee yourself and it is generally accepted that people can go and come back for such things but no going away for hours at a time and then coming back. That's not going to work. Just make sure to ask the people in front/in back of you to hold your spot because you're going to the bathroom/get foodâ€â€

and make sure to ask if anyone needs anything!

What do I do with my personal belongings once we start to go inside?

Prepare to bring as little as possible with you and the best way to do this is with a small purse/backpack. Keep in mind this will have to be searched. Water bottles, towels, umbrellas, etc can be left behind. Plan ahead on bringing cheap items that you do not care about so you can throw them away/leave them if you plan to camp.

What do I need?

• Waterâ€â€please keep hydrated!

• Snacks for you and friends if you don't plan on buying anything.

• Cash/credit cards.

• An old towel or old fold out chair to sit on. Remember, bring a cheap one so you can leave it there.

• Sunscreen if you're going to be out in the sun.

• Portable charger(s)/usb cable. This is a life-saver for your cell phone.

• ID/Tickets. You can't forget those.

What if I'm alone?

You have to remember that tons of people go to shows alone. That's one of the best ways to go! You'll end up making friends in no time and you'll create memories that will last forever. You have nothing to worry about.

Will the arena allow in a bag/backpack?

You should check on your venues website what they allow and do not allow. Small backpacks and small purses are generally accepted 99% of the time but keep in mind all bags are searched before entering the arena. Check the website. If necessary, call and/or email them to be on the safe side.

What do I do if I witness someone cutting in line?

Go to security immediately. You do not have to deal with people cutting in line and security will deal with the problem. Do not let others push you around and ruin your good time

Why do some fans have numbers on their hands and I do not? Is this an official system?

Some fans (most of the time the ones who arrive first) like to pass down a sharpie in order to write "numbers" on hands in the order fans have arrived.

This is not an official system. This does not mean you can get a number, leave, and come back hours and hours later expecting to be in the same spot. This is generally used to make things easier and to prevent people from cutting.

s2h4zq.png

Where is the best place to stand?

This is all subjective to individual needs. For New York City I was going to go between the space between the bridge towards the cat walk and where I stood ended up being in the middle between ARTPOP Zone and the bridge. I ended up getting pushed back towards ARTPOP Zone and it really was an amazing spot. You could see her performances on the bridge well and when she was on the piano you got a perfect view.

At Philly I knew I wanted her to read my letter and I wanted to take advantage of LMZ so I went to the main stage and I have to say that was the most amazing spot ever. Definitely beats Madison Square Garden. Your heart pounding when she rises for ARTPOP is indescribable and if you're worried about not being able to see her on the cat walks the only part you're missing is the piano segment which is only one and half songs but she's displayed on the backdrop. That combined with her ass facing you during Venus and MANiCURE that is really is the only downside to main stage. If you have the chance, I would go for the main stage.

Here comes Atlantic City. This is where my friends and I decided to go to the bridge. When I was let in I was standing directly in front of the bridge and it was perfect. There was only about five other people there too and everyone crowded to the main stage. People were assholes at this show and we ended up getting pushed back to the middle of the section again but still somewhat in the front so we were perfect until I literally got attacked during the show over and over and over again by some crazed fan. My friend and I had enough and decided to move out of the "pit" area and go on the outside of the right cat walks. It was amazing. Nobody is crowded over there. People are dancing and moving around and having a good time like an actual party/rave. You can walk back and forth underneath the cat walks during certain parts if you want to and I have to admit standing under the first part of the cat walk you can see the main stage amazingly well. You had all the room in the world to dance and be free and have a great time and I'm glad we ended up going over there. Afterwards while waiting for Gypsy we looped around to ARTPOP Zone again on the other side and had an amazing view for Gypsy as well. If you're in the middle: you won't be able to move around. If you're outside of the cat walks: move around freely.

Can I leave to go to the bathroom/get drinks?

You canâ€â€but I highly do not recommend leaving your spot. It's almost impossible to get your spot back once you leave so once you're inside your done. Make sure to go to the bathroom beforehand.

Should I purchase merchandise before or after the show?

As with the bathroom and drinks, I would wait until after the show. Merchandise might be sold out by the time the show is over but you have to weigh the pros and cons of getting merch vs. losing your spot on the floor. Which is more important to you? Keep in mind that you'll also have to hold the merchandise you buy all night long on the floor. Most merchandise is available online as well.

If I go to the main stage, will I be able to see her on the cat walks?

You will be able to see her from behind on the cat walks. When she goes past the bridge near ARTPOP Zone and the piano you won't be able to see herâ€â€but the huge backdrop on the main stage changes to have her on it. She only goes to the piano for 1-2 songs so you're not going to miss much.

Which is better: main stage, bridge, or outside of the catwalks?

If you want an amazing view of the entire show/have an opportunity for Gaga to read your letter: go to the main stage.

If you want to have an amazing time and move around/dance like an actual party: go to the outside of the cat walks.

If you want to have a good view but also deal with the potential craziness: go for the bridge.

Where have you stood for your shows?

121voyd.png

Out of the three different places you have stood, were do you recommend to stand?

I would personally recommend the main stage for the amazing view. If you can't get there, my second choice would be to go to the bridge for the first few songs and then move your way outside of the cat walks and move around from there.

What time do the opening acts go on stage?

The first opening act goes on at 7:30 pm and usually gets off stage by 8pm. The second opening act usually goes on from 8:15-9pm.

What time does Gaga on stage?

She comes on stage anywhere from between 9:15-9:30.

How long does the show last?

With her coming on at 9:15 my show lasted until 10:45-11 o'clock.

Will I get stuck underneath the catwalks from the amount of people?

Don't worry! There is actually tons of space with cat walks. People generally tend to push around to get underneath the cat walk when she is walking under it in certain sections but other than that the cat walks are clear of people for the most part. You won't get stuck under there the entire show. I would actually recommend going underneath the catwalk for a few minutesâ€â€it's an amazing experience!

How often is Gaga on the catwalks versus the main stage?

She performs a good amount of songs on the cat walks but a few songs are also performed on the main stage. It depends on the show and what she feels like.

When does Gaga pick up fan letters to read?

She reads letters right after Aura and before Sexxx Dreams on the couch. When Aura ends is when fans throw up their stuffed animals with letters attached.

Oh my god! She read my letter and invited me backstage! What happens now?

First of allâ€â€congratulations! I know how you feel. You'll be freaking out but you need to remember to take deep breathes and focus. A security guard named Bruno should be there at the main stage behind the barricade to talk to you. He'll introduce himself and ask your name. He'll explain that you can bring one friend backstage with you and that when the show is over you meet him at the back of the arena (go to the ARTPOP Zone) where you will wait for everyone to clear out before getting taken backstage.

Will people become upset if I hold up a sign during the concert?

I do

not recommend holding up a sign. Think about this. What if someone was blocking your view because of a sign? Gaga generally does not pay attention to signs and she does not pick people to go backstage with them. If you plan to bring a sign to hold up for her to see, only do it at certain parts of the show for a few seconds at a time and not the entire night. Be courteous of others around you.

Can I actually move around during the concert? Is it really like a giant party?

Yes and noâ€â€if you're at the main stage or near the bridge in my experience you can't move around a lot and you stay in one spot the entire night. When you're outside of the cat walks you can walk around freely and go in out and from underneath the cat walks and move around wherever you please. There's tons of free space to move and dance outside of the main area and it's honestly one of the better spots to enjoy yourself if you've experienced the bridge and main stage already.

2q37ls3.png

Should I bring cash or a credit/debit card?

Most merchandise stands accept credit cards but the machines are slow and take longer. They take cash faster so I recommend bringing both just in case.

Are the swine cannons used? What gets shot out of them?

Yes. They are used during Jewels N' Drugs and Swine and stuffed animals are shot out from them. Dancers use them on the main stage and catwalks.

Will I be able to get confetti from seats?

Depends on where your seats are. Lower levels in the first few rows might be able to get some from where they are but generally speakingâ€â€no. Unless you're on the floor you can't get confetti.

Do I have to get dressed up? Will I be out of place in regular clothing?

Of course not! You do not have to dress up in any crazy costumes. Be comfortable and enjoy yourself without feeling the need to be someone you don't want to be.

Is there an age restriction to this show?

Noâ€â€but be aware of nudity/mature themes during the show.

If I end up going backstage, what time should I expect to stay until?

Plan to stay really, really, late. You're going to be sitting backstage for quite awhile because Gaga needs to change and then do the paid meet and greet which includes a chat with them (at least 20+ mins) and then individual time/pictures with 20 people. You'll be the last to go. We waited backstage until 1am before getting our chance to meet her.

When will I get my meet and greet picture?

This depends on the photographer and if you had ARTPOP Zone or was picked to go backstage. Paid meet and greets get their photos in their email before those who got picked to go backstage due to them separating them on a different sheet of paper.

ARTPOP ZONE: expect them in 1-2 days.

BROUGHT BACKSTAGE: anywhere from 3-7 days. I personally waited 3.

My ARTPOP Zone email says that Gaga will not sign anything for me. Is this true?

This is not true. Even though the email does in fact say this, they allow you to get one item signed during the meet and greet.

-- Remember to have fun and not stress out about anything! Do not worry about getting backstage and just be in the moment and enjoy yourselves. If you have any questions feel free to leave them and I'll answer. :heart:

xoxo Emily

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

This'll help a lot of people. Thanks for putting so much effort into it, it's amazing! :hug: 

buy bionic

Lana Winters

This'll help a lot of people. Thanks for putting so much effort into it, it's amazing! :hug:

I just spent more than 2 hours writing this and I'm pretty sure I left some stuff out. :rip: Thank you!

bionic

that ARTPOP zone not signing thing though...

:awkney: @ that email

buy bionic

Arturo

This is great, thanks for spending the time in making it. I think this should be pinned.

LordDisick

i wish you wouldve done this before my date (thursday) it wouldve helped me so much  :giveup:

your right about the bridge, it was total madness

This is great, thanks for spending the time in making it. I think this should be pinned.

agreed

LittIe Monster

Thank you so much >.< this helps a lot since I'm going tomorrow and tuesday. I have one question though. Do you remember for the born this way that once the line started for GA and you got your wristband, you were able to leave for about 3 hours or something and then come back to get in line with your wristband number? Is it the same for this show? please tell me we get time to go home and change once we got our wristband lolol

@whoriscope ig

Lana Winters

Thank you so much >.< this helps a lot since I'm going tomorrow and tuesday. I have one question though. Do you remember for the born this way that once the line started for GA and you got your wristband, you were able to leave for about 3 hours or something and then come back to get in line with your wristband number? Is it the same for this show? please tell me we get time to go home and change once we got our wristband lolol

As far as I'm aware there is no official numbering system in place. It depends on how each individual venue and the only place that did the wristband system was Boston and you could leave and come back. Everywhere else has not done that so I wouldn't count on it happening unless you have official word from the venue. I would show up with what you're going to wear to the concert.

Pinned :)

Thank you!

Ambrosia

This is incredible!  Thank you for doing so much work and putting it together in such an organized fashion.  :)  I've seen many of these questions asked around and having it in one format is beneficial and helpful.  :)

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

thatfoxyfeeling

This is brilliant, thank you! I have LMZ and I really don't want to hold the merchandise the entire show :flop:

Lana Winters

This is brilliant, thank you! I have LMZ and I really don't want to hold the merchandise the entire show :flop:

In Atlantic City people ran past the women holding out the tote bags filled with the merch. :smh:

Lana Winters

If I have seating, am I able to go down to the GA after the show to get some confetti?

This is under the misc. section.

Depends on where your seats are. Lower levels in the first few rows might be able to get some from where they are but generally speakingâ€â€no. Unless you're on the floor you can't get confetti.

Unfortunately security is not going to let you down there.

This is under the misc. section.

Unfortunately security is not going to let you down there.

Thank you for letting me know, might just go Scavenging through the first row of my show :)

Archived