Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MARVEL making major changes, Kills Wolverine, brings froth female Thor

Xgongiviguess

Featured Posts

Xgongiviguess

this is probs ap but we can discuss both the topics here

53c54db66f1ba.jpg

“The inscription on Thor's hammer reads ‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’ Well it's time to update that inscription,†says Marvel editor Wil Moss. “The new Thor continues Marvel's proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn't a temporary female substitute - she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!â€

53c02f5acfad6.jpg

Charles Soule and Steve McNiven kick off this landmark issue with the first chapter of this eagerly awaited series! Left without his mutant healing factor, witness The Wolverine as he makes his last stand. With his back against the wall, this is one battle he will not return from.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22860/death_of_wolverine_1_56_pages_of_action_excitement_more_this_september

Poker

Why are they killing wolverine? Will he comeback? :duck:

I'm here for the female Thor tbh.

I'll never understand how comics work lol

Kindness rules all.

Logan

For one, a lot of you seem convinced that Thor is just going to wake up one morning and be a woman. No. Thor is going to do something to become unworthy of Mjolnir, and someone new is going to pick the hammer up. According the both the writers and the editors, they've been building to this for a long time and they're using a character from Thor's past. That implies they've had an idea on who is going to replace Thor for a while, and the character they wanted to pick up the hammer just happened to be female. I firmly believe that the writer (Jason Aaron (who is doing incredible stuff right now with Original Sin)) and editors had the best of intentions... Then Marvel announced it. Marvel's way of announcing this absolutely screwed the pooch. They made it seem like this huge gender thing that any self-respecting writer would never allow any of his stories to be. The reason this seems like pandering is because Marvel made it seem like it is, but that doesn't 100% confirm it was meant to be.

I like this comment.

Hellspont

they rely too much on wolverine when there are better characters in the universe so i cant say im upset about this and yay female thor slay

RodeckDanny

I would actually love an X-men movie without wolverine, i am a bit tired of him.

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

as long as the reasons behind Thor turning into a woman aren't silly I'm ok with that and I actually don't care for Wolverine lelz

Haldy

they rely too much on wolverine when there are better characters in the universe so i cant say im upset about this and yay female thor slay

This, this, this.

The X-Men films were essentialy 'Wolverine and friends'. Marvel has such better characters that deserve more attention, like Mystique or Magneto.

DiscoBallBoy

I'm so happy Wolverine's gonna die... :flutter:  Finally world won't be focused around him.

Now it's time for Dazzler to rule marvel! (Even with that horrible look :flop: )

CHROMATICA 2020

Like others, I'm kind of glad at the possibility that comics and movies alike will now focus on other characters in regard to the X-Men universe. However, I'm sure another series will span that will be based on another timeline or something where Wolverine is alive.

Also glad that there will now be female Thor, looking forward to that :yes:

Archived