Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"I used to Love Lady Gaga then........."

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Blue Jeans

The other day i was having a conversation with my friend whom i havent been with a long time, and as music lovers we were discussing about current music, and then she said: I used to love Gaga, but then Judas happenned, that song is awful" she continued by telling me that shock value only gets you so far, and that after Judas nobody really cared about Gaga, she didnt even Know ARTPOP existed :smh:

Its not the first time someone told me she went too far with Judas, because regular people don't look into lyrics like fans, they just see: oh this b---h is in love with the one who betrayed Jesus, illuminati blabla bla

My question: was it a mistake to make Judas a single ?

Lady-Gaga-Judas-lady-gaga-31583524-1971-

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica

I think it's funny how she would release that after such a huge self-acceptance anthem.

ultraviolent

i loved lady gaga until, Applause was first single...

jk i still love her. 

but i love judas :0

SychosSoChic

Yes. I knew it was a mistake the second she announced it  :cry:

But I never knew just how big a mistake it was until I saw how it affected her popularity, even years later  :ohno:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Lady Gaga herself after the BTW era ended said she didn't want Judas as a single. She said she wanted the singles to be: "btw, scheibe, teog, mtn" something like that.

But I never knew just how big a mistake it was until I saw how it affected her popularity, even years later  :ohno:

I don't think that's what damaged her career. The quality of her work just isn't as good was it was. She's still a good artist, but she was an absolutely incredible artist in 2010.

Mariano

Well maybe it was a mistake, but she didn't get much backlash in Europe/Asia etc. i think it was just in the USA ?

Batwings

The lyrics are obviously metaphorical, so I'm surprised that so many people take issue with the song.

Also, I think it's mostly just the fans who think that Judas somehow affected her popularity. Hell, most members of the GP probably don't even know the song exists since it was sandwiched in between Born This Way and The Edge of Glory which were much more popular. People will casually reference "all the backlash," but I honestly never saw any.

LordDisick

The other day i was having a conversation with my friend whom i havent been with a long time, and as music lovers we were discussing about current music, and then she said: I used to love Gaga, but then Judas happenned, that song is awful" she continued by telling me that shock value only gets you so far, and that after Judas nobody really cared about Gaga, she didnt even Know ARTPOP existed :smh:

Its not the first time someone told me she went too far with Judas, because regular people don't look into lyrics like fans, they just see: oh this b---h is in love with the one who betrayed Jesus, illuminati blabla bla

My question: was it a mistake to make Judas a single ?

Lady-Gaga-Judas-lady-gaga-31583524-1971-

you shouldve played her the g.u.y video

Well maybe it was a mistake, but she didn't get much backlash in Europe/Asia etc. i think it was just in the USA ?

well duh of course

The Professor

Funny. I know a friend who hated BTW and said that Judas was the only good song from it (she's part of the GP btw not a fan)

LordDisick

The lyrics are obviously metaphorical, so I'm surprised that so many people take issue with the song.

Also, I think it's mostly just the fans who think that Judas somehow affected her popularity. Hell, most members of the GP probably don't even know the song exists since it was sandwiched in between Born This Way and The Edge of Glory which were much more popular.

religion is a "sensitive" subject, the gp  wont see it as metaphors when they hear "im in love with judas" 

PopBitch

All the people I know that lost interest didn't blame Judas in particular.  They just basically said her music isn't as good anymore.  One said he got sick of her preachiness.  Judas is a good song.  

Pity Party

"Judas is an awful song" :awkney:

Your friend has no idea what she's talking about. "After Judas nobody really cared about Gaga"? I guess she forgot about TEOG..

Archived