Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Raver Girl (Colored Dreads) Outfit: Yea or Nay?

degenerate

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

because Raver kids everywhere worried about if their outfits were "tacky" or not before going out.  :roll:

not every outfit is going to be, or even intended to be, high fashion, chic, and designer avant garde.  She probably did buy parts of it at Party City, who cares?  Its cute.  

VasilisVas

At first I didn't know what to think about this outfit, but now it's one of my favorites on the tour. It's probably the only one I like. I don't like most of her outfits at all on this tour. Nothing special about them at all.

DrewStevens

I'm ok with the outfit, but the wig looks terrible. It looks like if it was made of old clothes.

Lana Winters

It's my absolute favorite outfit of the tour (possibly one of my favorite tour costumes she's done ever) and it's flawless. :giveup:

she doesn't have the skirt anymore which makes it twice as good.

She does actually. She just takes it off.

Ronk

I love everything about it! She totally looks like a rave girl! 

This.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rivingtonreject

but do yall know what a raver looks like? bc this outfit isnt spot on, but its pretty close. imo the rest of the costumes arent as fitting as RAVEwear

The whole thing is a disaster. I would've liked the colored dreads (styled like the way she wore the white dreads on the red carpet) and a black leather top with fishnets and black leather boots.

Babel

love the hair, hate the dress, but really don't care that much anyway.

Sylvanas

It's an absolute disaster and that's why I love it! So much fun :rockstar:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

LaLuna

I love it. It's over the top and totally fits the rave theme and the mood of the show.

MJHolland

I think you might be confusing neon and cheap. Her dreads are actually better made than all the others she has worn. I agree, the sneakers suck, but they're often covered.

It's just the style you might find to be "Party City", but I can assure you it certainly isn't all that cheap. The details in the dreads alone are wonderful. The outfit is actually kind of plain for that style of rave outfit though. She could have had a lot of kandi and deco pieces, but it'd have been harder to move with, I think. 

Personal preference sounds like it is clouding your view on it imo. I absolutely hate her black latex and Gypsy outfits this tour, but I understand why people like them. 

The black latex is just unflattering and utilitarian, certainly not Gaga though. I looks like something Katy would do if she want through a dark phase lol.

But the Gypsy outfit is Versace, that aint cheap. The Rave Girl outfit just isn't my thing only because it looks tacky and cheap to me, almost like she's trying to hard to sell the "rave" theme. Maybe it's just that I'm not into the rave/Japanese (idk it comes off as japanese to me) scene.

But you do see that Versace and multi-colored fake fur leg/arm warmers with multi-colored dred locks and neon tape are on two totally different levels though... 

Archived