Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Petition decries Gaga's SXSW performance for 'glamorizing bulimia'

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

codymonster

Glamorize? :excuseme: What the hell is glamorous about riding a mechanical pig. screaming "**** you pop music" like a banshee, while someone vomits green and black liquids onto you... :awkney: :toofunny:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

It's publicity, chill out and let them talk whatever they want  ;)

Ladle Ghoulash

The amount of ignorance required to make this is absolutely staggering. To be so committed to the cause of raising awareness about "Gaga glamorizing bulimia" and not have bothered to look into Gaga and Millie's intent in the performance is absolute nonsense. Can't believe these people are wasting their time doing this when they could go out and do something good or valuable with their voice/time.

Here's to hoping this doesn't gain any traction. 

And, not to be insensitive, but people who b---h about "trigger warnings":

LIFE DOESN'T HAVE TRIGGER WARNINGS. LIFE IS UNEXPECTED. The world isn't going to cater to your "trigger" list.

Omegahedron

Well, as someone who has suffered bouts of bulimia, I've made it my mission to explain the error of to the ways of those preaching hypocrites on Twitter.

To the guy who critiqued the video,  I bet if she was gagging on a foot long brown dog his monster would be tickling his chin

Gaga explained it at the very begining befor Swine, on what Swine was about.  They all forget that part. 

And why blame Gaga at all.  She did not do the throwing up. Why blame anyone or accuse anyone of saying this was bilimic.

But, I twist it around to the protesters - If you think this was bilimic and want to do something about it - where were you before this happened. 

The protesters are just hiding behind a Gaga hater shield.

Just like Gaga said "it is about rape and rage."   

It took me a couple of days later to remimber that Princess Di was tortured by Charles (no prince) by saying "your gaining some weight."  Remembering reading this somewhere years ago. That is why Di had eating discorders.  No love. And only betrayle for he was openly cheating on her. If that is not called rage by him.  The bastered.   But she produced 2 sires to the thrown, the only purpose I believe he married her.  So sad. 

So, basically they lack the ability to control their own actions so they want to censor people so that THEY can control their actions? Seems pretty ignorant and actually quite pathetic to me. People need to start taking responsibility for themselves. Other people aren't in charge of running your life. If you don't like it turn the channel. 

We're all Stronger Together!

nath4gaga

What the ****, I'm so mad. By saying it glamorizes bulimia this is what they are saying will happen:

Person: Ooh look there's Lady gaga performing. She's getting vomited on?? Woah that's so glamorous and pop-star-like. Why is she doing that?? I mean you can clearly see she's throwing up paint. I'm gonna do that with food to make myself skinny.

I really can't see anyone doing that

It took me a couple of days later to remimber that Princess Di was tortured by Charles (no prince) by saying "your gaining some weight."  Remembering reading this somewhere years ago. That is why Di had eating discorders.  No love. And only betrayle for he was openly cheating on her. If that is not called rage by him.  The bastered.   But she produced 2 sires to the thrown, the only purpose I believe he married her.  So sad. 

Sadly I believe you are gravely mistaken, please get your facts right. The "facts" you claim to be reciting were a load of nonsense created by sensationalist tabloid newspapers and media.

Willy Wonka

I get how it can be viewed as glamorization to some extent, but this petition is ridiculous and has no to right to try and assert control over who Gaga works with and in what capacity.

my teacher and some friends said the same when I showed them this performance, lol

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

MJHolland

Literally less than 24 hours after that performance gaga made the biggest speech of the whole festival in which she says "If you want to make sure I do something, tell me that I can't do it" ... so, um  :awkney: ....ya!

Archived