💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Millie Brown interviewed, talks about 'Swine' performance

WheresTheDoggo

Featured Posts

tokyodisko

This was a good read, so now can everyone stop bashing Demi and anyone who didn't like it? Millie even said she can understand how it triggered it to some people.

I'm glad to know she doesn't do it very often. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

This was a good read, so now can everyone stop bashing Demi and anyone who didn't like it? Millie even said she can understand how it triggered it to some people.

I'm glad to know she doesn't do it very often.

No, I still feel the same about Demi's comment. I understood that she might personally found it to be a trigger, but I still don't agree with her opinion that the performance was "glamorizing bulimia". That was the problem I had with Demi's statement and this interview does nothing but back up my original feeling over the fact that Demi missed the meaning behind the performance.

nativenewyorker

She reminds me so much of Gaga when she talks about her creativity and ambition. They seem like two peas in a pod.

if it affects people that strongly, it’s fine because that’s the point of art. It’s supposed to provoke emotions and encourage people to question things. It’s equally important if it enrages them or inspires them.

100% agree with u millie yass :golfclap:

tokyodisko

No, I still feel the same about Demi's comment. I understood that she might personally found it to be a trigger, but I still don't agree with her opinion that the performance was "glamorizing bulimia". That was the problem I had with Demi's statement and this interview does nothing but back up my original feeling over the fact that Demi missed the meaning behind the performance.

It's been nearly a week and people are still complaining about it. Get lives and move on. 

WheresTheDoggo

It's been nearly a week and people are still complaining about it. Get lives and move on. 

Thats the point of the whole performance and performance art in general, its meant to stir up controversy. Like Gaga has mentioned before, she likes to 'hit the nerve' and she hit that nerve which is what both Millie and Gaga strive for. Because you've got people saying "I love it" "I hated it" "That's disgusting" "what is this rubbish, i don't understand"

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

tokyodisko

Thats the point of the whole performance and performance art in general, its meant to stir up controversy. Like Gaga has mentioned before, she likes to 'hit the nerve' and she hit that nerve which is what both Millie and Gaga strive for. Because you've got people saying "I love it" "I hated it" "That's disgusting" "what is this rubbish, i don't understand"

I understand that, but it's just a bunch of trashing on Demi Lovato instead of even trying to dissect, discuss, or understand the different aspects and meanings (to multiple people), even meanings that go against one's personal viewpoint. 

Is there really a need for multiple threads a day trying to create a feud that doesn't exist? Nope.

To clarify, I mean people are complaining and talking about Demi as much, if not more, than the performance itself. 

Whispering

Yes, it has been nearly a week and the media is still talking about what Demi said about the performance, therefore people are still discussing it. That's how it goes.

tokyodisko

Yes, it has been nearly a week and the media is still talking about what Demi said about the performance, therefore people are still discussing it. That's how it goes.

I've only heard what she said mentioned a couple times in the media. In comparison to the articles specifically about Gaga it is a very tiny amount. GGD/LM are the ones making her tweet into something bigger than it was. So yes, it's absolutely pointless if no one is willing to look at it from an unbiased view. 

that was a really good interview

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Archived