Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is DITD more ARTPOP than ARTPOP?

Optimus

Featured Posts

retroglamx

i believe that every song on ARTPOP is definitely more ARTPOP than anything else.

Every Gaga song on every album fits perfectly where it is and wouldn't fit as good on a different album.

/mytwocents

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"art," to me, insinuates that the music would actually be depth--or at least have some meaning to it; however, most of the songs on the record are very shallow with little emotion, sincerity, or personal nature to gaga (the exceptions, of course, Dope and Gypsy). everything else could be argued as emotional and personal, but the songs really aren't. i like ARTPOP, it's a catchy record i like to work out to, but it doesn't seem like an album many people could relate to or consider artistic (ironically, since it's CALLED ARTPOP). 

You know, I bet we could put Dance in the Dark, Bloody Mary, Princess Die, Marry The Night, Aura, Government Hooker, Teeth, and Judas in a Dark ARTPOP album :adam: Any other ideas of songs that could fit on a darker version of ARTPOP?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

retroglamx

You know, I bet we could put Dance in the Dark, Bloody Mary, Princess Die, Marry The Night, Aura, Government Hooker, Teeth, and Judas in a Dark ARTPOP album :adam: Any other ideas of songs that could fit on a darker version of ARTPOP?

I Like It Rough and Heavy Metal Lover...

I Like It Rough and Heavy Metal Lover...

Yes, excellent selections! Maybe So Happy I Could Die, too.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

retroglamx

Yes, excellent selections! Maybe So Happy I Could Die, too.

Yeah, SHICD would fit perfectly.

Elizabeth

idk what he means, but for me "a reverse warholian expedition" means that instead of putting traditional pop culture items in the canvas for selected audience, she's taking traditional artworks (paintings, sculptures) and trying to "educate" younger generations and the general public... she's trying to bring art to the mainstream. 

Based off that, since I heard DITD I was hooked, and and I was vey curious about the pople she mentioned in the bridge so I did some research and I even watched A Clockwork Orange (I was young and it was new for me) and I think that is the true meaning of ARTPOP.

With the songs on the album itself, I've done more research on greek/roman mythology rather than art.

Thanks for explaining that  :) 

CharlieQuinn

ARTPOP is everything that she creates.

Why didn't she saved that title for an album with all of her singles (including Ditd)

Archived