💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Star Wars ✴ Solo: A Star Wars Story (OUT NOW)

bionic

Featured Posts

RAMROD
22 minutes ago, bionic said:

I'll post a spoiler review later on, but I think this was the first time I've left a cinema having disliked a Star Wars film :(

Spoiler

Bitter cos old era is ending? Or..?  :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:
  Hide contents

Bitter cos old era is ending? Or..?  :oprah:

Spoiler

- Way too many Marvel-like jokes. Doesn't seem so bad in Marvel  because they've always done that, but here... :laughga: 

- Don't really care too much that old era is ending but Luke's death was a bit :selena: 

- So many subplots which were introduced and concluded without consequence

- Superman Leia

- That final scene with the Jedi sweeping kid was a bit :poot:  Seemed very tacked on the end and unlike the final scene of any other SW film

- I did like that Snoke's existence turned out to be entirely inconsequential lmao... I did enjoy the whole "not everybody has to be somebody" vibe the film had

- I had 0 issues with Kylo Ren

buy bionic

11 hours ago, bionic said:
  Hide contents

- Way too many Marvel-like jokes. Doesn't seem so bad in Marvel  because they've always done that, but here... :laughga: 

- Don't really care too much that old era is ending but Luke's death was a bit :selena: 

- Superman Leia

- That final scene with the Jedi sweeping kid was a bit :poot:  Seemed very tacked on the end and unlike the final scene of any other SW film

- I did like that Snoke's existence turned out to be entirely inconsequential lmao... I did enjoy the whole "not everybody has to be somebody" vibe the film had

Hmmm to go to the pre-screening tonight or not and wait a week? :neyde:

HausOfMark
15 hours ago, bionic said:

I'll post a spoiler review later on, but I think this was the first time I've left a cinema having disliked a Star Wars film :(

WHAT?! I need to see ur review ASAP!

-Mark

HausOfMark
13 hours ago, bionic said:
  Hide contents

- Superman Leia

My only complaint about the movie.

-Mark

Sizzily
13 hours ago, bionic said:
  Hide contents

- Superman Leia

Spoiler

I wholely agree with these two points. I am so suck of this Marvel comedy sh*t. It wasn't too bad in TFA but goddamn, a 2 and a half hour long movie sure feels longer when some of these comedic moments don't land. Aldo, the end with those kids was a true AotC moments. 

Otherwise, my review, 

-Cried like a bitch when Leia was floating but forced her way back to the ship and when R2 showed Luke the old hologram omg just thinking about that :cryga:

-Could have done without most if not all of Canto Bight and DJ and those kids and the Faithers. Like you have this cool sh*t with Rey and Luke and then The Resistance and The First Order, it really doesn't fit.

-OMG Yoda :cryga:

-I fully expected more from the Kylo/Rey/Snoke confrontation but hopefully it pays off in 9.

-The shot where Holdo flies through Snoke's ship was :tony:

-When they finally got down to Crait, I was like oh god, there's still about 30 minutes left, isn't there?

-I hope we get some force ghost/communication with Luke in 9.

-What the hell are they gonna do with Leia?

-Also #RIPStormpilot

One Banned Boi

bionic

my spoilerific review

Spoiler

I think the film's first flaw was trying to start immediately after TFA. It limited their choices to either repeating the end of TFA or doing something with Resistance... And the opening scene felt very anti-climatic. Sure, we saw ships flying through space but it really wasn't anything like the way it was done in the previous films and it just didn't work for me.

The entire opening sequence (of the girl from Scream Queens on the planet base) didn't do it. It wasn't dramatic like the film openings usually are, felt more like where a TV show would pick up after an ad break. The fact that the entire film was basically 2 hours of the Resistance trying (and failing) to flee made it particularly unrewarding, especially as we basically spent 2 hours watching the Resistance slowly die in contrived ways

The whole Poe/Hux scene didn't work for me. The forced humour undercutting any suspense, the bad CGI shots of the lone X-Wing infront of the Star Destroyer... the fact that Poe as a pilot is so OP and that they didn't simply blow him out of the sky lmao... :neyde: 

Superman Leia didn't work for me. Although I basically died when she got sucked out into space, I get that they wanted her to have her Force moment. It was badly shot and included bad CGI. They should have done it more subtly, or in any way that wasn't clearly a stunt double being dragged on a wire against a green screen :laughga: Also strange how Leia wasn't at all damaged when she got consumed by the explosion.

Luke and Leia... Again with the forced humour w/ the dramatic lightsaber toss... Just didn't do it for me. I really liked the nuns though and the Reylo story. The whole Canto Bight plot seemed a waste of time and didn't really go anywhere. I really liked purple lady Admiral, even if her plot had no consequence and Poe was really OOC. Was upset when she died and it gave us one fo the best shots in SW, although you cant help but wonder why peple dont just do that all the time when they're losing a war.

I was underwhelmed by Snoke although I did like that he turned out to be totally irrelevant lmao. Don't even care. Rey's parents being nobody underwhelmed, not sure if I believe its true, but even if it is, I don't mind. The battle against Snoke's guards was great.

The final planet... the Luke/Kylo fight was lame and they just spent most of the time standing around. I get that it was a distraction but it wasn't a real fight... And now Luke is dead we probably won't see one. Great.

Then the final scene where they ended on the Falcon then jumped to those kids on Canto Bight again. It just didn't do it for me. So anticlimatic and quite unrelated to the story at hand. It didn't feel like a scene from SW. More like a TV advert or a Marvel post-credits scene...

All in all, I get that they tried to do something different with Star Wars but for the main saga film, it didn't do it for me. It would have been fine if it were one of the anthology films, but it was tonally, visually etc far too different from the main saga. Probably lots that I missed that i have strong feelings about lol :( but im tired

buy bionic

Sizzily
Spoiler

I'd just like to say that I loved "superman Leia". 

Overall, I'm feeling more positive about it today. I was really concerned with where the movie would leave the story but now that I know, I think I'll enjoy it more when I see it again today.

One Banned Boi

• 5 months later...
Bradley

Alden Ehrenreich was so handsome as Han Solo :wub: He looks really good.

alden-ehrenreich-portrait-session.jpg

alden-ehrenreich-eye-05.jpg

a-star-wars-story-alden-ehrenreich-han-s

• 1 month later...

Archived