💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Supernatural S15: The Final Season

Bye

Featured Posts

I agree that Cain's acting was very well done. However, I would have liked the whole Knight of Hell/Cain aspect of the Heaven-Hell mytharc to have been introduced earlier, so at least it wouldn't feel so forced and out of the blue.

I mean, it still has the potential to connect the Heaven and Hell plotlines really, really well. I just wish that it were fleshed out a bit more early on, instead of having relatively useless filler episodes (expect the Charlie episode, which is probably one of my favorite 'relatively useless filler episodes' of the whole show).

NO. DON'T YOU DARE. It's wouldn't even be cool the second time around, considering it was pretty choppy the first time around (I admit, the whole reveal of the Castiel/Crowley purgatory plot was cool, but setting Eve up to be that potentially great to just be thrown aside was a grave mistake, imo).

:toofunny:

I love Charlie :flutter: Surprise, surprise those SPN "stans" I always mention hate her :lmao:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Charlie :flutter: Surprise, surprise those SPN "stans" I always mention hate her :lmao:

Whaaat? Charlie's a great character! I was scared that she was gonna become the token geek character (or worse, "token lesbian"), but her writing has so far proven the best of an individual character. In my opinion.

3 points in and ready for more

I'm having a hard time liking the back end of this season. 

On one hand you have the AMAZING Dean & Crowley pairing but you also have them retconning things like Dean & Sam being descendants of Cane and Abel. 

The previous episode with Garth felt like a real cop out to justify not giving the character any screen time or explanation. 

What did you guys think of the last episode? It wasn't tied in with the main plot but as a monster of the week episode it was good and I won't consider it a filler. Garth was surprisingly great without being annoying, Dean was a little too rude when he met the werewolf family although of course he was right, and I hated Sam's speech at the end :noparty: And I say this is a Sam stan but really that speech must have hurt Dean a lot and twisted his heart or broke it into a thousand pieces. It's your brother, Sam he will always try to keep you safe and away from death :giveup: how could you :cry:

Whaaat? Charlie's a great character! I was scared that she was gonna become the token geek character (or worse, "token lesbian"), but her writing has so far proven the best of an individual character. In my opinion.

Yep, she's great although I didn't care much for the Oz episode.

retconning things like Dean & Sam being descendants of Cane and Abel. 

I don't think they retconned it exactly. It was more like they did not mention it and anyway the similarity between Cain and Abel and Dean and Sam was made pretty clear with one being wanted by the devil and the other having to kill him to save him (like John told Dean he should do to Sam) and also about going to hell for his brother (Dean already did this in the finale of Season 3 after making a deal to save his brother).

I totally forgot there was an episode last week.

Am I losing my connection? :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

So we're gonna have to wait another whole week for a new SPN episode :awkney:

In other news, the Chicago based spin-off will be called Supernatural: Tribes and will feature an African American in his 20s who's a cop's son and becomes a hunter during episode 20 of SPN Season 9. A brother and sister shapeshifters are also involved. I don't have high hopes for it but it could be interesting.

Supernatural â€@cw_spn  Feb 14
#Supernatural can't be stopped! Season 10 is OFFICIAL!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS  :giveup:  :giveup:

I'm so happy cause I just caught up since I started watching SPN like two months ago and I don't want it to end just yet.

Finally caught up with Garth's episode and the Peruvian Fat Sucker episode. Not really anything too glorious, but I really enjoyed the exploration of monster/humanity dynamic (lead in for the spinoff? who knows). Also, I'm glad that Sam's finally speaking out about Dean's actions these last few seasons. While I prefer his characterization in 6/7 as opposed to what Carver is doing in 8/9, I can totally see where it's going.

So we're gonna have to wait another whole week for a new SPN episode :awkney:

In other news, the Chicago based spin-off will be called Supernatural: Tribes and will feature an African American in his 20s who's a cop's son and becomes a hunter during episode 20 of SPN Season 9. A brother and sister shapeshifters are also involved. I don't have high hopes for it but it could be interesting.

I read the cast script thing ding, and I'm excited that the main cast potentially has maintaining roles for both women and somebody who isn't a big buff hypermasculine white guy. I think the show could be interesting, especially in exploration of the monster/humanity dynamic, and maybe even potential political commentary (considering my pessimism of the writers, I doubt it lol).

Though, not a big fan of the whole "forbidden love" aspect between the two monster families. It's a little trite, but maybe that's just me being bitter at the lack of exploration of Dean's potential bis-xuality lol.

Finally caught up with Garth's episode and the Peruvian Fat Sucker episode. Not really anything too glorious, but I really enjoyed the exploration of monster/humanity dynamic (lead in for the spinoff? who knows). Also, I'm glad that Sam's finally speaking out about Dean's actions these last few seasons. While I prefer his characterization in 6/7 as opposed to what Carver is doing in 8/9, I can totally see where it's going.

I read the cast script thing ding, and I'm excited that the main cast potentially has maintaining roles for both women and somebody who isn't a big buff hypermasculine white guy. I think the show could be interesting, especially in exploration of the monster/humanity dynamic, and maybe even potential political commentary (considering my pessimism of the writers, I doubt it lol).

Though, not a big fan of the whole "forbidden love" aspect between the two monster families. It's a little trite, but maybe that's just me being bitter at the lack of exploration of Dean's potential bis-xuality lol.

It's still SPN so I hope it isn't all about forbidden love :deadbanana: oh well SPN is the forbidden love between two brothers :giggle:

Lets hope the 20th episode is good and bodes well for Tribes :party:

The only thing I like in it is that those 2 guys are hot as hell...

They are hot but the story is great as well :legend:

Cas Winchester

I finally caught up on the episodes! :party: I loved werewolf!garth for some reason. Glad Sam is speaking out tbh.

Does the spin off mean season ten is the series final season?

I finally caught up on the episodes! :party: I loved werewolf!garth for some reason. Glad Sam is speaking out tbh.

Same, I enjoyed the Garth episode more than I thought I would.

Not if the ratings hold up :) I'm sure they'd announce it'd be the final season like they did for Smallville.

Same, I enjoyed the Garth episode more than I thought I would.

Not if the ratings hold up :) I'm sure they'd announce it'd be the final season like they did for Smallville.

Guys I have a question cause I joined the SPN imdb boards and I need some outsider perspective.

What did you guys think of the scene in the chapel in the season 8 finale and Sam's speech to Dean?

As far as I know, Carver had a three part plan for seasons 8-9-10. I don't doubt that they thought a little farther ahead, though, as it's likely that they could go past 10 (if, as Biotic said, they're ratings hold up, which seems to be the case).

Guys I have a question cause I joined the SPN imdb boards and I need some outsider perspective.

What did you guys think of the scene in the chapel in the season 8 finale and Sam's speech to Dean?

I think it was incredibly selfish of Dean. I didn't like it personally, but I guess it worked out good enough to develop conflict, what with all Sam finally calling Dean out on his familial codependency. It's not healthy, and I'm glad it was emphasized that way. In the context of season 8 and 9, it worked.

HOWEVER, in the context of 1-9, I don't think it was super amazing. Seasons 6 and 7 weren't the greatest, but Gamble as showrunner really developed Sam and Dean's characterizations really well. Come season 8, I feel like the development kind of crashed.

I mean, I guess in a way it sense- new showrunner wants to start anew. I personally think they're working fine with Sam and his further distancing from the 'you and me against the world, fighting the good fight' mentality (I mean, he didn't even look for Dean after Purgatory happened... I loved Amelia). Dean, however, I feel like they slid him back into that mentality even after him moving on from it.

Ya feel? I'm rambling, I'm sorry.

Archived