💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Supernatural S15: The Final Season

Bye

Featured Posts

Thanks for having me @A Gaga Lad :excited2:

I quit watching the show in the middle of season 9. I remember seeing the teaser for the next episode and thinking, well, this is the point where I can't bear this nonsense anymore.

I agree on every word about Eve and Abaddon. Amazing female characters who were put in a trashbin too soon. Especially the former.

I still follow the show though, reading spoilers. The final thing about Death I read made me happy I had stopped watching because I'd literally punch through the screen if I saw that. He was the most haunting character of the show whose first appearance in season 5 in that car still gives me motherfuсking goosebumps, truly. God's return and that Darkness woman hyped me pretty well but the season finale made me go meh. 

I still love seasons 1—5 immensely, and I really need to rewatch them 'cause I saw them in winter 2012, like, I stormed through five seasons in two weeks or so... I was the biggest fan, I'd follow Jensen Ackles until he loved me (sorry :cryga:)

Wow, a simple gif made me soo fuсking nostalgic. Sorry for this little ranty post ahaha

mdr

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, Roman said:

Thanks for having me @A Gaga Lad :excited2:

I quit watching the show in the middle of season 9. I remember seeing the teaser for the next episode and thinking, well, this is the point where I can't bear this nonsense anymore.

I agree on every word about Eve and Abaddon. Amazing female characters who were put in a trashbin too soon. Especially the former.

I still follow the show though, reading spoilers. The final thing about Death I read made me happy I had stopped watching because I'd literally punch through the screen if I saw that. He was the most haunting character of the show whose first appearance in season 5 in that car still gives me motherfuсking goosebumps, truly. God's return and that Darkness woman hyped me pretty well but the season finale made me go meh. 

I still love seasons 1—5 immensely, and I really need to rewatch them 'cause I saw them in winter 2012, like, I stormed through five seasons in two weeks or so... I was the biggest fan, I'd follow Jensen Ackles until he loved me (sorry :cryga:)

Wow, a simple gif made me soo fuсking nostalgic. Sorry for this little ranty post ahaha

Oh yeah, the Darkness arc was pretty cool but the finale was :poot:

I rewatch seasons 1-5 aka the Golden and only canon era at least twice a year :laughga: dean winchester was such a boss, my wardrobe changed into mostly denim and leather right after

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Yeah. Eve was set up as this amazing character, but... like... ???

Also, there was so much potential narrative connectivity with the Leviathan, and they just let that go. Eeeeep

3 points in and ready for more

I'm in the minority here who liked how the Darkness storyline ended. I mean throughout the entire season I was like: she hasn't done anything bad why are Sam and Dean working to defeat her? That is until she started killing and revealed she wanted to destroy the universe :emma:

DeanWinchester
10 hours ago, Biotic said:

I'm in the minority here who liked how the Darkness storyline ended. I mean throughout the entire season I was like: she hasn't done anything bad why are Sam and Dean working to defeat her? That is until she started killing and revealed she wanted to destroy the universe :emma:

I didnt hate it. The final "battle" just didnt feel grand despite the hype of all factions being there. And it's too much like Hellblazer/Constantine--a major inspiration for Supernatural

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

10 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I didnt hate it. The final "battle" just didnt feel grand despite the hype of all factions being there. And it's too much like Hellblazer/Constantine--a major inspiration for Supernatural

Yeah battles never really feel grand in supernatural. Probably has to do with the budget :emma:

Even season 5 finale... That is most definitely NOT apocalypse end of world material :emma:

DeanWinchester
3 hours ago, Biotic said:

Yeah battles never really feel grand in supernatural. Probably has to do with the budget :emma:

Even season 5 finale... That is most definitely NOT apocalypse end of world material :emma:

Yes it was somewhat disappointing. But the emotional climax somewhat made up for it. Jus in Bello and No Rest for the Wicked had more exciting fights 

the Darkness fight just felt hollow to me especially when the combined angel smiting did less damage than some dozen demons physically attacking Amara. I wish they took more notes down from Buffy's fight/assault scenes. Whedon really knew how to do them.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Yes it was somewhat disappointing. But the emotional climax somewhat made up for it. Jus in Bello and No Rest for the Wicked had more exciting fights 

the Darkness fight just felt hollow to me especially when the combined angel smiting did less damage than some dozen demons physically attacking Amara. I wish they took more notes down from Buffy's fight/assault scenes. Whedon really knew how to do them.

To be fair I'm currently rewatching Buffy and Angel with my boyfriend (he's watching both for the first time) and the fights with powerful baddies aren't the best either. My boyfriend always says: "that's it?" 

I justify it by the TV format and low budgets (unlike something like Game of Thrones). What SPN and shows like Buffy should be focused on is the emotional climax as you mentioned which was really done well in S5. In these series an emotional payoff is important as big budget supernatural CGI fights are close to impossible. 

DeanWinchester
47 minutes ago, Biotic said:

To be fair I'm currently rewatching Buffy and Angel with my boyfriend (he's watching both for the first time) and the fights with powerful baddies aren't the best either. My boyfriend always says: "that's it?" 

I justify it by the TV format and low budgets (unlike something like Game of Thrones). What SPN and shows like Buffy should be focused on is the emotional climax as you mentioned which was really done well in S5. In these series an emotional payoff is important as big budget supernatural CGI fights are close to impossible. 

The Initiative, battle against Glory and against the First Evil (Buffy), and the Beast, Circle of the Black Thorn (Angel) were amazing though

but I know what you mean about budget

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

The Initiative, battle against Glory and against the First Evil (Buffy), and the Beast, Circle of the Black Thorn (Angel) were amazing though

but I know what you mean about budget

We've only reached S4 of Buffy and S1 of Angel for now so all those are yet to come. He'll love them I'm sure. I can't wait for Fred to show up I love her :giveup:

DeanWinchester
Just now, Biotic said:

I can't wait for Fred to show up I love her :giveup:

I loved Amy Acker in Dead in the Water. Amy as Fred is :heart:

And yes, you're about to reach the better seasons

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• 10 months later...
DeanWinchester
6 minutes ago, Sam Winchester said:

They're still using that lame set for the hell throne room? 

Right? At least we got probably Asmo as new king

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived