Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What makes Applause still sound new?

Chic

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Computer

This is so true.  The song STILL doesn't get old.  I think because it's so complicated actually.  There are so many layers and pieces of the song I never noticed at first.  :applause:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Pierre

The layers maybe? Everytime you hear it you discover a new sound.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

carrot stick

It's so iconic. It's like Poker Face. You never get sick of it. You could listen to it 30x a day and still love it. 

You know, there's something I really adore about ARTPOP. It's like Pop Art - very spontaneous and people will get it's meaning and value after a long period. And I've heard Applause so many times on the radio. :giveup:

maxthewonderdog

I keep hearing it on the radio, on pageant shows, marching bands are STILL performing it (LA Rose Parade yesterday) etc. I LOVE Applause! It's fresh and joyous. Interesting, because that cheap rag Entertainment Weekly called it a flop when it came out, saying, "It's too early to tell, but Applause looks like a loser (or something similar)." Applause is energetic and has the Lady Gaga signature sound.

Stafani Versace

When ARTPOP was released, Applause was kind of dry to me (because I overplayed it from August to November ). But now I find myself playing it over and over, again :sara: . It's a fierce pop hit and that's why it is always so fresh, imo.

Eros92

it's weird becuase it DOES sound fresh. Fresher then any other song on the album. But I think that's because it's the first single. It's timeless in that sense. Same goes for Just Dance, Bad Romance, and Born This Way. They never get old

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived