💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What makes Applause still sound new?

Chic

Featured Posts

I've noticed that a lot of people, including me, feel that every time we listen to Applause, it sounds the same as when we first heard it. It hasn't aged since August. It's fresh and amazing each time.

What makes it like this? Other than it being insanely catchy, what specific things in this song separate it from other songs?

Discuss,

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really know. 

To me when I first heard Applause I was definitely like "I love this" but it wasn't a song where I was like "I'm going to listen to this every day for the next 2 months" (Which I did end up doing).

Whenever I do say "I'm going to listen to this every day for the next 2 months" I usually end up getting bored after 8 listens or something.

It's not really something I can describe.

Brainiac

I think it's the production. The beginning synths are so fresh sounding and unlike anything I've heard in any song before. You immediately know that it's Applause the second you here them.

UrethraFranklin

It's just a burst of fun, excitement & joy! Stuff like that doesn't really get old I don't think.

I personally find it to be the most simplistic/basic song on the album production wise. It sounds generic and dated, to me anyway, when you compare it to songs like Aura or Sexxx Dreams...

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived