💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga has fired Troy Carter

Jonttutan

Featured Posts

giskardsb

Days before an album release does not seem mutual to me. If true, this seems to be something major if she couldn't work with him until at least the hype of her next album dies down.

Troy is currently trying to raise 75-100million for a tech startup.  It might be that she thought he wasn't spending enough time on her when she needs it the most.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troy is currently trying to raise 75-100million for a tech startup. It might be that she thought he wasn't spending enough time on her when she needs it the most.

Maybe....I just think she could have waited. It really doesn't look good in the press.

This reminds me with Spice Girls who fires their manager allso dubbed as the 6th Spice for a reason at the top of their career.

And it becomes their demise.

As things started falling apart from there.

That is the troubling aspect to me.  I recall seeing a documentary about the career of KISS, when they dropped their longtime manager Bill Aucoin, who had managed them from the very beginning.  In the documentary, Gene Simmons said that Aucoin was getting involved in managing other acts, in addition to KISS, and Gene was saying, "This will not fly.  We need you here.  We are not just another act."  So they dropped him in 1982, which coinicided with their declining popularity.  (The Wikipedia entry for this period is titled "1979ññ‚¬ñ€Ɠ83: Last makeup years and decline.")

Another example is The Beatles' manager, Brian Epstein.  He wasn't dumped by them; he died in 1967, near the peak of their popularity.  Some people cite his death as the beginning of when the Beatles started to go their separate ways, having lost the manager who had discovered them and had been a parental figure to them.  From the Wikipedia entry for Epstein: "McCartney summarised the importance of Epstein when he was interviewed in 1997 for a BBC documentary about Epstein, saying, "If anyone was the Fifth Beatle, it was Brian". In his 1970 Rolling Stone interview, Lennon commented that Epstein's death marked the beginning of the end for the group: "I knew that we were in trouble then... I thought, 'We've ****in' had it now'"."

So.... we don't know what the future holds.  But historically speaking, when an artist loses their longtime manager, it can indicate that there are deeper problems happening internally that we don't know about -- that we might not learn about till years later.  Losing Troy Carter isn't the end of the world, but the way that it's happening (a week before ARTPOP goes on sale) is surprising and perhaps suggests some problems going on with Gaga and her inner circle.  Or it could be nothing.  I guess we'll find out someday...

Archived