💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's X Factor Performance Garners Hundreds Of Complaints

yxi

Featured Posts

Lady-Gaga-X-Factor.jpg

Lady GaGa's 'X Factor' performance has attracted over 200 complaints.

The 'Applause' singer and her backing dancers appeared on the ITV show wearing flesh coloured bikinis as she took to the stage for a mashup of her latest release 'Venus' and single 'Do What U Want'.

The TV watchdog is now assessing whether to launch a full investigation into the show, which aired the raunchy clip prior to the 9pm watershed.

An Ofcom Spokesman said: "We will assess all the complaints received on this issue before deciding whether to investigate."

Some people voiced their upset at the performance - which came half an hour before the nine PM watershed - with Jane Faram tweeting: "Unfortunately I'm watching the X Factor & so are lots of young impressionable kids. (sic)"

Joannna Parker echoed her sentiment writing: "Seriously this is the rotten level we've come to for our kids to watch this debauched s**t on a Sunday night."

Vivienne Pattison, director of Mediawatch UK, told the Daily Mail: "The X Factor are doing everything they can to keep their ratings up. I don't think things like this should be in TV. It is damaging to the children who watch the show."

An ITV spokesperson defended Gaga's performance - watched by an estimated 10 million people - saying: "We do not believe Lady GaGa's performance was inappropriate for the family audience of the show, which has an established tradition of performances from the biggest music stars. She's well known for her highly individual style."

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news/lady-gaga-x-factor-performance-complaints-ofcom-362551.html#ixzz2j6WJ5QKc

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily, the TV is one of those platforms where if you dislike it - then change the damn channel.

I won't die, but I can't live without you

lol i knew this would garner controversy. it was a PRE-RECORDED performance so it wasn't really her fault it's X Factor's fault :megaflop:

SoldierDown

How the f was it 'damaging to children'?! Some people need hobbies to stop themselves getting pressed over the most ridiculous things.

lol i knew this would garner controversy. it was a PRE-RECORDED performance so it wasn't really her fault it's X Factor's fault :megaflop:

wat

Didymus

Well, I also thought DWYW was unnecessarily "s-xy", but Venus was not vulgar in any way.

Archived