• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• drbumblenut

• djBuffoon

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening to the sped up version i finally started listening to the official one and oh my it sounds sooooo much better

Rudz Xinc

edit : flop, I just realized I heard the looped and sped up version on soundcloud

Edited by RudzXinc
Look at those clowns

For those wondering about the "If you have fear for Apollo, Sit on my Lyre, and Play him like a Piano Man" line...

It is in reference to the greek mythology/many artistic interpretations of the story of Daphne and Apollo (including the statues on the ARTPOP album cover). Apollo chased Daphne constantly to be his wife. When Daphne found out Apollo was about to catch her, she yelled to her father to change her into something else so that Apollo wouldn't chase her any longer. She was turned into a tree, her hair leaves, her arms branches.

As it relates to the song, when you're high (ie: Daphne) and you get paranoid (scared of Apollo chasing you) as many people do get paranoid when they are high, sing along with the song (sit on Gaga's lyre) and "play him like a piano man" aka tell the paranoia to piss off.

We've all just been ARTPOP'D.

Daphne-Ga

lady-gaga-moss-dre_2705505a.jpg

:deadbanana: Thank you for this! MJH just became 10x better for me

100percent

I stop listening to ALL ARTPOP songs from now on until the album leaked or is actually released 

so that i can still have that surprise :D

I go listening to Mariah Carey now :D

BigDreamer

The first time i listened to the snippet i was slightly intoxicated (with boos, not by the snippet) and i really really wanted to like it but i just didnt. The rich as piss line that is so clearly put out there amongst the business of the rest of the snippet was a real turn off too. I tried relistening a few times to see if there was something i was missing but i guess this one just isnt for me. :-/

djBuffoon

As it relates to the song, when you're high (ie: Daphne) and you get paranoid (scared of Apollo chasing you) as many people do get paranoid when they are high, sing along with the song (sit on Gaga's lyre) and "play him like a piano man" aka tell the paranoia to piss off.

BINGO.