Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Venus" #1 in 55 countries (iTunes)

Wendell

Featured Posts

thehanyo

the US is not the only place in the world. 

But it is the largest market in the world. It's essential to a "superstar's" success.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy promotion in Australia is much needed if we'd want her to get at least one top ten hit for ARTPOP. The last time her single went top 5 was TEOG back in early 2011. It's been a long time. My worry is for it to become a complete KP territory, similar to what New Zealand has been for the last four years or so. 

It's become KP territory already. She's done so much promo here.

Sunday Night interview, X Factor performance on probably the most watched finale for X Factor ever and Roar was performed by the winner previous weeks. She also has her Morning show performance being aired around now too. She's gonna probably smash here until Gaga does some promo down here.

HausOfNicole

You obviously missed the point of my post. I agree with you, I'm saying that the OP is stating Venus is #1, however, based on pre-orders and general inquiry for gaga as an artist just beginning to release a new album after two years, it's going to be #1 and she's an American artist and One Direction (a UK artist) is #1 in US. We need to stop pushing this "gaga is #1" thing. Reviews from various online sources (not saying they are credible) don't like the song. This pressure of gaga being #1 always is just annoying to me. You can already tell that the song won't make it past the Top 10 by the end of the week, but that's ok, it's a damn promo single. Lets all be happy the second single was altered, I think this is gagas most ambitious work, however, the GP isn't ready to sing songs such as this one.

Actually I think we completely agree with one another, I just had a typo in my post that made it sound differently. I'm sick of this focus of her being #1 all the time, it's an unnecessary pressure that I think distracts from the music. I Like Venus because it's quirky and kinda weird, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea and would not have worked as a single, but I think too much focus is bring applied to that when in reality people should just be having fun enjoying the music.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Actually I think we completely agree with one another, I just had a typo in my post that made it sound differently. I'm sick of this focus of her being #1 all the time, it's an unnecessary pressure that I think distracts from the music. I Like Venus because it's quirky and kinda weird, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea and would not have worked as a single, but I think too much focus is bring applied to that when in reality people should just be having fun enjoying the music.

I apologize for the misinterpretation !!!  :hug:

• 1 month later...

I remember everybody was so excited and thought it's gonna slay charts, but now it's not even a single :noparty:

Maybe later Gaga will make it a single? :excited2: Venus has a serious potential

Dylangaga

I remember everybody was so excited and thought it's gonna slay charts, but now it's not even a single :noparty:

Maybe later Gaga will make it a single? :excited2: Venus has a serious potential

this is my 2nd most played song after applause...i like this gem  :)

J e s s e

Damn you for getting me excited for nothing, and running in here, breaking a leg!!!!

2zr2sr7.gif

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

Archived