Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Lady Gaga interviewed on M6 right now

itsdominik

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ÃŽâ„¢ hate when they put the French translation voice over Gaga's.

Put subtitles on, there are people who don't speak French. For God's sake. :crossed:

It's their country, they're not catering to English speakers. And rightfully so. Considering a majority of people speak French in FRANCE, I consider your comment kinda egocentric.

TRANSCRIPT (all dates, factual errors and such were kept intact)

PRESENTER: She sold more than 65 millions records all across the world; Lady Gaga is undoubtedly one of the most admired star of the planet. However, year 2013 had not began very well for the songstress: a tour cancelled because of a serious hip injury, rumours of depression... Lady Gaga had totally disappeared from the media for pretty much 6 months. For her first French interview in more than a year, Lady Gaga chose to explain herself in MUST Célébrités. How did the star with 40 million fans made it to the top again? Here is the exclusive meeting.

Subject starts.

GAGA: Bonjour, c'est Lady Gaga dans MUST Célébrités !

VOICE-OVER: Far from the outrageous outfits only her can pull off, it's a relaxed and toned-down Gaga that we wet in London a few days ago. More than a year after her latest French interview, here is an exclusive interview marking her great come-back.

An extract from the "Applause" video plays.

VOICE-OVER: With her new single, the star makes a flamboyant come-back that lives up to her persona. And yet, the year hadn't started very well at all for the most extravagant diva ever...

NEWS FOOTAGE: A hip injury pushes Lady Gaga to cancel the remaining dates of her BTWBall Tour...

VOICE-OVER: February 2013. Everything starts going wrong. With her hip fractured because of a show, Lady Gaga has to step away from the spotlight. During 6 months, she disappears. Journalists fear the worst, especially as the star with 39 million followers closes her Twitter account, leaving her fans a bit more deprived. But finally, she reappears a few days later and announces the release of her new single and album, "ARTPOP". A bad move turned into a genius move.

An extract from the "Applause" video plays.

GAGA: I'm very happy with "Applause", because I feel like this video is really something that symbolizes my artistic sense, for probably the first time.

VOICE-OVER: How could Lady Gaga, that was said to be over, come back to the top again in less than 6 months? What does the queen of provocation has in store for her fans? And how does she react to the controversies that start to surface around her new songs? Lady Gaga's answers are in MUST Célébrités. London, early September, in front of one of the most beautiful palaces of the town. Lady Gaga appears serene, ready to front the expectations of the media from all around the world. A long-anticipated come-back for her fans, after the depression rumours that have been running after her injury. Now healed, the star evokes the challenge that she just went through.

GAGA: When this happened, what I realized is that I don't just live for the attention. Because I didn't desire to be seen. Not because I was in a wheelchair, I had a pretty nice one! But because without an album out, and without a stage performance to do, it was not important for me that people were watching me. I only want them to notice me when I have something to give. A gift.

VOICE-OVER: And this gift, Lady Gaga imagined it during her recovery. A pretty unpredictable recovery, because to start fresh again, the star opted for the singular method taught by Marina Abramovic, a conceptual artist that became a guru for celebrities like Jay-Z or James Franco. In this video they shot together this summer, the songstress appears completely naked. Extreme performances close to meditation, as if she was trying to take away the burden of her costumes. A Lady Gaga ready to do anything to find the inspiration again.

GAGA: The strenght came from the urge to hear your applause. Not shallow applause. The kind between an audience and an entertainer where there's love. I missed that, and these are all those things that gave me strength to really focus on my rehab, on dancing, on singing, and I was really strict in rehearsal, and my whole team just took it to a new place of professionalism for all of us.

VOICE-OVER: The result is "Applause". A first single unveiled at the end of the summer and that precedes the album "ARTPOP". The idol that sold 65 million records shows herself in a new light, and pushes the persona further into eccentricity. Fascinated by contemporary artists, she now sees herself as a true piece of art. Before, stars were painted on the canvas, like here with Andy Warhol. Now, the canvas is her: the star. Isn't Gaga a bit megalomaniac? Probably a little. But it's also part of her persona.

GAGA: I made a record that I really really believe in. It mirrors my creative process, it mirrors the inside of my brain, it mirrors my sort of... collage approach to music, just cutting, pasting, and snipping, and sowing things like a couture atelier gown. That's what I do. That's what "ARTPOP" is.

VOICE-OVER: One of Lady Gaga's greatest talents is to know how to choose collaborators. Jeff Koons in particular, the pope of contemporary art whose fortune is estimated to 500 million dollars. For the release of "ARTPOP", she directly spoke to him.

GAGA: Jeff, I want you to use me as a vehicle to your artistic dreams, I want you to control pop culture on that day. I want you to control the whole world with your art.

VOICE-OVER: Lady Gaga, always after new sources of inspiration, also knows how to spot young talents. Two years ago, she gives his chance to a young DJ from Nantes, Madeon, an 18-year-old French boy whose track "Pop Culture" was seen more than 20 million times on the internet. Without hesitation, the diva asked him to open her shows and to collaborate with her on her productions.

GAGA: Madeon is a total genius, I mean, he's... incredible. He's completely free. He's 19 years old, he has nothing to lose, he's hungry, he wants to win, but he cares for the music more than anything else. He can't create anything he doesn't love, and these are just the things we have in common.

VOICE-OVER: Gaga gives their chance to the young, but remains faithful to what made her successful: excess and provocation. This summer, one of the tracks of her new album leaks and instantly provokes waves. In "Judas" in 2010, she played with Christian symbols - this time, she seems to make the eulogy of the burqa. The track is judged scandalous, but Lady Gaga defends herself, saying she's never wanted to create a controversy.

GAGA: The song "Aura" is about any sort of cover that you may don to protect yourself. And in this way, the use of the word burqa was meant to be a sense of protection, and not to make any political comment at all, and not to belittle anyone that is in activism for muslim or feminist rights. It's meant just to pull people together - I have fans in Indonesia, I have fans all over the world, in the Middle-East... Why shouldn't I say burqa? Some of them wear them.

VOICE-OVER: A more consensual Gaga that seems to be running away from scandal not to offend some of her fans. A few weeks away from the album release, she remains in total control. Only infringement to the secret: the new tracks performed onstage in London, a performance that lives up to the phenomenon, where Lady Gaga reveals herself naked, with no makeup, in total communion with her fans.

GAGA (extract from Swinefest): It's my real hair. When I woke up in the morning and I didn't feel strong enough to be me, I just... created someone else.

VOICE-OVER: Lady Gaga in full possession of her own art: proof that her hip surgery and her health issues are far behind. Remains to know whether the fans, and the sales especially, will follow, or not.

GAGA: I just hope more than anything that people will be having fun watching, not worrying too much about a--lysing... I know I put a lot of thought into my work, but I don't need you to... Just listen, have a drink and dance! 'cause that's what I do after I make it.

Can you add my transcipt in the OP? :)

Thank you... you're lovely.

Pretty interesting interview.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived