💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Applause' outperforming 'Born This Way' at this point in US

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applause didn't get it's first TV performance to week 3. BTW got it's only big performance week 1.

The KIA commercial and football promo kicked in for week 5 (plus GMA)

BTW peaked quickly on radio (higher than Applause now), while a lot of fresh listeners are first hearing Applause latter in it's run..

FrozenKookie

Applause seems to grow on people which equals longevity I think. Born This Way seemed to die down pretty quickly once it started to lose popularity.

Exactly this.

drinkmytears

ouch #THETRUTHHURTS

Haha, I mean it still did amazing in its first week, over 700k and would've been #1, but the sales were a bit inflated. 

VforVendetta

Haha, I mean it still did amazing in its first week, over 700k and would've been #1, but the sales were a bit inflated.

This is actually wrong. You do not know what amount of those 300.000 persons would have bought the album either way and you can't know so the 0.99cents deal is just something haters keep saying to shade BTW album. No-one knows what is the true numbers. We just know that BTW sold more that 1 million on its first week in the US and almost 2 million WW. With the same logic Katy doesn't have 5 no1 from TD era since she discounted and remixed to get them...

not really at this point BTW was still #1 and sold way more than Applause

It was #1 but Applause is still outselling BTW's sales in its fifth week. It's a fact. No denying.

It was #1 but Applause is still outselling BTW's sales in its fifth week. It's a fact. No denying.

But it's not outperforming BTW. Only this week sold more. That's all 

*That's true but Born this way sold 509.000 and 448.000 and another 400k in the previous weeks so...

*Born This Way is almost 4.000.000 at this point,I doubt Applause would reach anything beyond 2 million

• Mills locked this topic

Archived