💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga garners critical praise for GMA appearance

Americano

Featured Posts

it was really good, different, fresh, artistic and Gaga at the same time, I liked it so much :yes:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KarmaPolice

this comment in particular

i hate to say it, but this is definitely a more enjoyable GaGa. you can actually see her face and register how much she loves performing, plus it's easier to appreciate how talented she is vocally. less self-serious but still outrageously silly and weird but fun.

and now i'll be in the corner reevaluating everything i think about pop culture for the rest of the day.

:party:

Redstreak

Everybody outside of this fan base loved it.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Aside from the schnoz, there was nothing Streisand esq about her performance of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Somewhere Over The Rainbow is a tragic song about depression and no one has ever performed it as heart breakingly perfect as Judy Garland. (Aside from Patti Label who basically turns the song on it's head and makes it an advertisement for anti-depressents.) Streisand's bell clear diction and perfect pitch are in no way comparable to Gaga's thick, smokey, lounge act vocals. The press need to stop comparing her to Streisand every time she sings a torch song, it's lazy, we get it...they have big noses. 

The whole performance was super literal, but you have to keep in mind this was a performance for a show that airs at 7 A.M. Kids getting ready for school and their Mother's ate this sh*t up. She knows her audience. 

I'm also impressed that she keeps incorporating quick changes into her performances, they aren't easy to do. Now if only she would quick change the single, cause this basic song is wearing on my nerves. 

Vernier

:clap: Reading some comments earlier today, you'd think it was a horrific, messy, unwatchable performance

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

i wish aplause would be more futaristic and clean, it looks so messy, all the wig changing.i want her to take step back from the crazy dancing and be her and the piano and singing, i kind of see why adele did so good...gaga makes it hard to concentrate on the music with all those visuals leaving a weird taste after..i mean maybe its the meaning of art pop..but still, i cant help myself thinking she could do better if she would stop with all those dorothy themes (that didnt make much sense anyway) 

fuzzyandgreen

Love love love!! It was so full of happiness and joy! I loved the Wizard of Oz theme, it made total sense in how it mirrors her journey and philosophy. Dorothy repeatedly transformed herself against adversity and triumphed in her own right by evoking the best out of those around her who had been oppressed (eg. Tinman rediscovering his heart). Likewise, Gaga wants to bring out the best in us monsters so that we can love ourselves for the qualities that we were born with, even when society may tell us to blend in and hide. Or at least that's how I see it... 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived