💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga responds to Popjustice!

yxi

Featured Posts

Guys, I remind you again that Rihanna's "S&M" was a #1 hit. "Erotica" and "I Touch Myself" were top five hits way back in the 90's. So, to me, this concern about "Sex Dreams" being too explicit for radio seems misplaced. As far as censoring it: Pretty much the only censoring I hear these days is of individual "offensive" words. There's little regard for the context. From what I've heard (I haven't figured out all the lyrics yet), SD could be played completely uncensored.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I remind you again that Rihanna's "S&M" was a #1 hit. "Erotica" and "I Touch Myself" were top five hits way back in the 90's. So, to me, this concern about "Sex Dreams" being too explicit for radio seems misplaced. As far as censoring it: Pretty much the only censoring I hear these days is of individual "offensive" words. There's little regard for the context. From what I've heard (I haven't figured out all the lyrics yet), SD could be played completely uncensored.

THIS. Eminem and Rihanna had a song where he talked about tying her to the bed and setting the house on fire. :smh: 

Lyrically, Sex Dreams really isn't that bad. It's s-xual, but s-x doesn't not automatically equal bad. 

I mean...it's inappropriate for really young listeners, might cause controversy, but radio would still play it. 

Wont the title alone make radio not play it?

I Want Your Sex: #2, 1987

Sexual Healing: #3, 1982

(Hot 100 numbers... I can't tell you where these songs were on radio play specifically, but they got plenty.)

So, no.

How will radio call the song though? They can't be advertising a song called Sex Dreams on family-friendly pop radio stations?

They'll call it Sex Dreams. The word s-x is just what it is s-x, it's not like it's called ****ing dreams of anything like that. If Rihanna can get away with S&M i'm sure Gaga can get away with Sex Dreams  ;)

What if Sex Dreams flop ?? What will you do ?

I wouldn't care. You do or do not like the song. I don't understand why is anything else important to your personal feelings about the song

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived