💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: 'Applause' to debut with 200k in US (Current: #3 - iTunes)

Americano

Featured Posts

Princess Die
Just Dance took weeks before hitting #1 :awkney:
I said the same thing in an earlier thread and got attacked. :Rip:
Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karl

• Michael

• Americano

• Optimus

Top Posters In This Topic

not fans in here pretending they dont care bout charts (when gaga herself was retweeting all the charts positions) and the first day of applkause release the majority was mocking katy perry and that she didnt stand a chance :) i really hope the song does well with the public for the following weeks after the main promo schedule cause the song is good and i like it.i think the rush release had its part for the surprisingly low first week sales but going up against katy the same period was a mistake of marketting from the beggining.

fingers crossed for a good video and a vma s performance that will reboost her popularity.(although all her rivals are performing there aswell so they ll get promo too)

Economy

@superman the fans still bought it... I dont think it made a huge impact on sales... Sales will improve with airplay

PS: what blurred lines be #1 this week again seeing it still has the highest audience impressions, high streaming and strong sales!

Allison M

Whoever said US fans aren't faithful is full of Schiesse. You just grouped an entire country of fans. Sorry it's ONLY #2. That's not even bad. Bad Romance was #2 and apparently she can never top that... so....

Gaga has been out of the public eye for a long time and didn't really hype the new music to the GP. So many people don't even know Gaga released new music. Once she starts promoting hard, the numbers will go up. So calm yourselves.

These numbers shouldn't even matter anyway. Do you like the music or not? THAT'S what matters most. Do I want Gaga to do well and be successful? Absolutely. But I'm not going to panic over 200K

Edited by Born Brave

Americano

We'll see..

I said the same thing in an earlier thread and got attacked. :rip:

She was an absolute nobody in 2008, how can you compare the two songs? Lol

Princess Die

We'll see..

She was an absolute nobody in 2008, how can you compare the two songs? Lol

To be fair I stayed up a bit late to watch all the meltdowns because lets be honest, ****'s entertaining. So my brain wasn't working properly.

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

hijadeputa

they already are sis. we're getting dragged for filth on literally every pop forum 

this is so awful what about if they are right? Lady gaga is over?  :gum:

But I dunno gurl. I wanna think positive.

Diamonds sold like 130k copies in its first week, and Applause was rush released.. So it might not be so bad? And the musicvideo will be out this monday (omfg friday today) and with all the promo and radiodeals next week it maybe makes it to #1?  :cryga:

skaxboy

I have not heard it on the radio at all. I've heard Roar plenty of times on the radio and Blurred Lines is still in heavy rotation. I feel people are buying those two songs because they hear them constantly on the radio and begin to like them. Applause hasn't sunk into their heads yet so I'm sure next week once it starts being added to all the stations, sales will pick up.

Next week the video comes out and the GMA appearance and VMA performance. I had never heard the new Paramore song until this week because they just performed it on the Teen Choice Awards so Applause should definitely pick up come next week.

To all the people saying they don't care about Gaga not getting #1 is utter bs. If Applause was beating Roar right now and #1, we would all be bragging. 

Blame it to whatever you want (ex- the rush release should only affects the first day sales, if indeed it has any impact) ; I just don't think the song is that good and certainly did not make me pee my pants like Tara said.

You should go on YouTube and watch those Applause reaction vids tbh. I think a number of them did pee their pants.

Space Banana

Gangnam Style was a hit because of the video and the specific sound. The fact that it was Korean doesn't make it specifically unrelatable. It's neutral.

No, Circus is basically a dance song. People having their eyes on you while you're dancing.

Applause on the other hand, is a song about wanting applause, living for applause, wanting to hear cheers, going against the "critics" -- who the hell relates to that? Drag queens who put on stage shows? Not your average casual listener.

Now let's take Drowned World (Substitute For Love) by Madonna. It's thematically similar, but written in such a way that it very relatable. Everyone can give their own meaning to that song. Applause is very straight-forward and uninteresting with a theme that most people cannot relate to whatsoever.

Those saying relatability doesn't matter underestimate casual listeners. Most people wouldn't randomly sing along to something they don't 'get' (or however you want to put it)

"there's only two types of people in the world..." 99% of people in the world are not the ones that entertain and she's obviously saying she's the 1% sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that's what applause is basically about as well. just. stop.

Edited by Space Banana

MelbHawker

This. :smh: As if the general public are listening and going "wow this dance song is all about the fact that lady gaga lives for the applause from her fans but i don't have fans therefore i can't relate"

hahaha i swear to god people on here never fail to amaze me

As soon as I heard 'put your hands up make them touch' I turned into a dancing-human-helicopter tbh. It's a fun song. Everyone can relate to it. 

• Shadow locked this topic