Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Application Discussion Topic

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

SMILE2NE1

2hefywm.png

RECENT NEWS

Gaga (Now 92.3): There's going to be many things you can play with, it's an instant experience, when you start the APP you are going to be instantly going to be catapulted into the world of ARTPOP. What's nice is that an 8 year old could use it. 

-trackSTAR: DJ Engineering System that lets you make your own music by "just painting it"

-ARTHaus: an Art Engineering System that lets you make your own sculptures. 

-Everything is shareable via the app. There will be "exhibitions" for your creations too. 

"ARTPOP is not just an ALBUM, its a PROJECT"

◣overVIEW⊿

Created by: TechHAUS

Release Date: Monday, 11 November 2013

Platforms (With GGD Statistics): iPad (15%), iPhone (29%), Android (18%), Computer (34%), Tablet (2.58%)

Purchase Outlet: Google Play Store, iTunes, LittleMonsters

Cost: Unknown

Experience: Chats, films for every song, extra music, content, Gaga  games, fashion updates, magazines etc.

Updates: Gaga will be able to upload to the APP all the time, the way she uploads to Twitter and LittleMonsters.com.

◣COMPONENTS⊿

-

trackSTAR: DJ Engineering System that lets you make your own music by "just painting it"

-ARTHaus: an Art Engineering System that lets you make your own sculptures.

-Exhibitions - Everything is shareable via the app. There will be "exhibitions" for your creations too.

-Chat

◣artistic DIAGNOSIS⊿

---Gaga:

"You inspired me to create something that communicated with images, because YOU do, YOU communicate with me and each other with .gifs and pictures, and artwork, graphics ALL DAY 24/7/ YOU'RE an ARTPOP generation. I'm hoping you will all continue to grow together and stay connected through your creativity" 

~There is a particular focus on ARTPOP as a visual application, much like a forum with an exchange of images on Social Media and the creation of fanart. It appears to have the ideological crux of social media like Tumblr at this current point, but there are probably unseen innovations

---“A musical and visual engineering system that combines music, art, fashion and technology.â€

~A multimedia application that amalgamates all spheres of Gaga's work. Work is not compartmentalised into individual spheres but boundaries are blurred.

---It considers "Gaga's existence as a cultural interface"

~Ignores the fact that Gaga is a musician, person and focuses on the idea that she bridges gaps between social groups, artistic groups, musical groups, technological groups. An interesting idea is the use of "interface" which was also used as to describe the shutdown of Gaga's Twitter account

---"Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition."

~What essentially was the original Warholian expedition? The journey as such of his artistry was the pioneering of the mass dessemination/cloning of conventional art into the general community and bridging the proverbial gap between pop and art.

Warhol's idea was to bring the artform to everyone and make it relevant to the general public. Very simply then, the reverse Warholian expedition would be to place the general public within the single form of art. Whereas Pop Art was mass dissemination, ARTPOP will be widespread amalgamation.

If we take into account the importance the Haus and Gaga have placed on the ARTPOP app, it could very much be a tool by which the public are directly influential into the art (videos, fashion, music) in which Gaga releases and she becomes an living and breathing artistic piece that reflects the general public. 

At this current moment, that is all I can conjecture as to how the public can influence Gaga's art, but I'm sure she as the artist has more instore as to the methods by which we influence her artistry. In this way, the ARTPOP experience is a symbiotic cycle between Gaga and the public. 

A contradiction of this concept is the idea of how Gaga can be the artist if the public are the one's being the artist? Well there is a duality to the term artist here - both can be: The idea is that she as the artist is in control of HOW the public INFLUENCE her and she is the artist because she is the ICON. In this sense, she is the artist because she is the avatar and she FILTERS what influence she takes in.The public are the artist because they CHOOSE and CREATE ideas for her and these are placed on a blank canvas.

---Allows users to "experience the 'adrenaline of fame.'â€

~Hints at the potential for individuals to be highlighted and chosen to significantly influence Gaga's art and/or be highlighted on the application in a moment of fame - probably for a contribution to the purpose of the application.

---"An age where art drives pop, and the artist is once again in control of the 'icon'"

~Reinforces Gaga's message (since the superstar incipience of her artistic ideology in 2008) that she is an artist, not a celebrity - that she is not manufactured and that the public image she creates is not a result of the label, marketers, but as an artistic choice.'

◣RULES / discussion SUGGESTION⊿

vpjbk5.jpg

Discuss all things related to the ARTPOP APPLICATION in this thread. This includes but is not limited to:

-Whether the app will contribute to sales for the album and hence result in upward Billboard movements

-The cost and its potential and how it will fit in with the album package - will it sold on iTunes as an app?

-How can the platform differentiate itself from other social media such as Littlemonsters.com and Tumblr?

-The platform and its technological base and implications

-How you will use it and its significance to ARTPOP album as a whole.

-Cultural and artistic ramifications the HAUS and Gaga are making with the inception, implementation and dissemination of the application.

Discussion that involves music, performances, single/album art should NOT be discussed in here and should be discussed in the ARTPOP album discussion thread: http://gagadaily.com/index.php?showtopic=52631

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
homomo

Finally, I was too lazy to make this thread! Thank you :hug:

Chic

On my iPad. It'll be the most expensive app I'd have bought up to that point.

Weasel

Definitely PC, although I'm not excited for the app at all. Only looking forward to new unreleased songs, if they will be on the app. 

aaronyoji

my computer laptop. itll have a bigger screen than a tablet or phone so to me thats better. 

i cant wait. if she is streaming the artrave on november 10th then i might plan a dinner party with my friends so we can enjoy it live by hooking my laptop to a tv. 

Schizophonic

i dont expect too much. for me it sounds like LM with a bigger influence from gaga herself

SMILE2NE1

Do you think the Application will be packaged with the album - i.e. you can only buy the app with the album

Or do you think you can get the application for free and it has some free things to it but not all the music?

Archived