Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bonnie McKee wants to write for Gaga

SSION

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Couldn't agree more. Lady Gaga is far beyond anything Dr. Luke or Bonnie McKee could ever provide in their wildest dreams. There IS nobody better than Lady Gaga at songwriting. In a different world, Lady Gaga would be the one people beg to write songs for them...but fortunately she has the creativity, voice, charm, and star appeal to make herself the HBIC all on her own. It's funny how insignificant people in the business still think she has some kind of writer/producer camp before her albums. They don't get it...at all. She broke the pop superstar mold and people clearly have a hard time grasping it. If she wants to work with someone, she'll call you. If she doesn't call you, sit down and check for Britney. :ohwell:

I think she's an amazing songwriter too, but the best ever? That's certainly debatable, but for me, she's ranked very high. But yes, it is indeed the other way around - Gaga should be the one who everyone wants to write music for them. She's proved that she knows how to create hits that take risks, so why would she need help from generic writers? Gaga has a gift for making experimental material commercially successful and doesn't have to sacrifice her artistic vision to be a hit-maker and how many other popstars can say that? Maybe some writers and producers think she's stuck-up by refusing their offers, but there's no point in working with people who have a different vision to you. We don't know if RedOne has been axed from production on ARTPOP, but if the rumours are true and he has, it's likely because he didn't want to challenge himself, unlike DJWS, Zedd and Madeon. As much as I love a lot of the songs that RedOne makes and know that he and Gaga can make magic together, at the end of the day, he is a generic producer who relies on a set formula for success. If Gaga wants to take her music to the next level and he doesn't, it's not going to work out. That's not being mean, it's called being a true artist. You can work with artists who are very different, but they have to be on your level or someone's going to look like a fool. Besides, Gaga is the driving force behind all her songs. She would never let someone completely take the reins and create a vision for her. All her songs have her unique Gaga stamp on them because she is the main songwriter. If she did let someone else do most of the work, she'd sound like a completely different artist. Can you imagine if she created a revolutionary pop record that changes music...and then follows it up with a Teenage Dream knock-off? It would be, to quote Madonna, "reductive."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsUrsulabitch

It would actually be Madonna. :teehee:

She hopped on the mediocre train to Basicville albums ago.

Save-Me-Oprah

That she didn't write Nobtr....

Because Lady Gaga's name isn't Billy Steinberg, nor is it Joshua Alexander, the writers of the song. :nails:

JbGaga

Because Lady Gaga's name isn't Billy Steinberg, nor is it Joshua Alexander, the writers of the song. :nails:

Can I get a link or something?

Wet Fire

Thanks for the compliment.But Gaga writes in a lot higher level than all the Katy Perry songs.

barnabesk

I know only one song from her and that's "American Girl". To be honest, I really like that song. Am I the only one who notices the highly sarcastic and socio-critical lyrics?

The video is another different topic though...

WheresTheDoggo

Gaga isn't the type anymore to make lovie dovie rainbow fluffy cotton candy music tbh :smh:

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

Coldplay

Thanks God, some of the lyrics are sostupid, "I can make you some food" :eww:

BarARTPOP

ew no thanks. 

lol :teehee: 

She's really talented but I dont like the songs she writes, they are so childish.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived