💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is TEA the lead single?

Nick

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

I don't like that Tea is a drag culture reference. I'd rather her not open the era with drag appropriation not because it personally offends me but because the social justice freaks online will scalp her. She, for the most part, is not welcomed within a good margin of the lgbtq community. There will literally be essay length arguments of opposition all over the internet. You can argue that that might happen with anything she does and that honestly just depends. She should open the era with a song thats punch doesn't reference queer culture or politics.

I one-thousand percent agree. Sometimes she does things, that put her and us, ten steps back instead of ten steps forward, and we as a fan base have to work that much harder to convince the GP and bashers that she's a legit artist, you know what I mean?
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dirtypunx

I one-thousand percent agree. Sometimes she does things, that put her and us, ten steps back instead of ten steps forward, and we as a fan base have to work that much harder to convince the GP and bashers that she's a legit artist, you know what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean >__<

AgusPop

Everybody needs somebody. I'm somebody. Need your body.

We could be caught, were both convicted criminals of thought. -Sex Dreams #

:worship: :worship: :worship:

SEANGT

"it's so close I can taste it" is a common expression. You also have to take into account that she wrote a song called TEA because her, her friends, and her fans use it so much to represent the truth. It only makes sense people would use that word in relation to the hype. 

Raikov

I don't like that Tea is a drag culture reference. I'd rather her not open the era with drag appropriation not because it personally offends me but because the social justice freaks online will scalp her. She, for the most part, is not welcomed within a good margin of the lgbtq community. There will literally be essay length arguments of opposition all over the internet. You can argue that that might happen with anything she does and that honestly just depends. She should open the era with a song thats punch doesn't reference queer culture or politics.

Preach it.

I'm also super worried about Burqa. The past times she's worn the burqa, the "social justice freaks" called it appropriation. I'm worried the lyrics themselves - she'd have to walk a fine line to keep the lyrics... not terrible.

There's also the rumored Gypsy title, though that one is genuinely not good. The actual gypsy people consider the word "gypsy" to be a slur and prefer to be called the Roma. So I'm hoping Gaga doesn't actually go for a song called that... (plus Shakira beat her to it).

dirtypunx

Preach it.

I'm also super worried about Burqa. The past times she's worn the burqa, the "social justice freaks" called it appropriation. I'm worried the lyrics themselves - she'd have to walk a fine line to keep the lyrics... not terrible.

There's also the rumored Gypsy title, though that one is genuinely not good. The actual gypsy people consider the word "gypsy" to be a slur and prefer to be called the Roma. So I'm hoping Gaga doesn't actually go for a song called that... (plus Shakira beat her to it).

Are TEA or Burqa even confirmed song titles anyway? Or are they just some fan conjured titles? It seems silly to dislike a song title or to criticize her over something we don't even officially know, but yeah I just don't like the queer culture reference in TEA as a song title and I don't like Burqa either I think it makes her look like a fool wearing them let alone incorporating them somehow into her music lol

gagabro

Are TEA or Burqa even confirmed song titles anyway? Or are they just some fan conjured titles? It seems silly to dislike a song title or to criticize her over something we don't even officially know, but yeah I just don't like the queer culture reference in TEA as a song title and I don't like Burqa either I think it makes her look like a fool wearing them let alone incorporating them somehow into her music lol

TEA is confirmed from Gaga herself... she tweeted lyrics from the song back in October/November.

Burqa isn't confirmed by Gaga, but there have been sooooo many hints (Gaga saying "Are you singing Burqa?" to DJWS in a video, Gaga's father saying Burqa is his favorite song on ARTPOP, her wearing a Burqa-like thing in Europe)

Raikov

TEA is confirmed.

She's said she's been listening to **rq* all day in this tweet. I'm pretty sure the only existing English word that meets those qualifications is burqa, plus the added hints gagabro mentioned.

ChicaSkas

Before Shakira was born, Stevie Nicks beat her to it :wink: as did Cher, in a way :wink:

edit: where in the world is the wink emote.... ADMIN......!?! :fail:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived