💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Game Hint + Gaga's New Alter Ego?

CIassicism

Featured Posts

CIassicism

You don't have to try tho. If you don't dig this, ignore it. Its simple duude.

she even mentions Dada in Little Monsters song (lyrics: Gaga, Dada, Jawa, Peace!) i think it was a reference to the art itself.... :yes:

I went to an art museum last month and saw some Dada stuff and didn't think much about it :rip:

:omfgaga:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters

You don't have to try tho. If you don't dig this, ignore it. Its simple duude.

I never said I didn't dig it. I was stating that Gaga probably isn't going to use the Art concept of Dada. 

emma roberts is an abuser

dontbesweet

Art Nouveau

art_nouveau_ivy_portrait_by_enchantedgal

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

This would make a beautiful ARTPOP cover IMO!

I sort of get what you guys are saying (I've been reading through all of these posts), but it's definitely not where she got the inspiration for her name from - I hate it when some of you guys say she's had her whole career planned from the beginning.

If this was the sort of imagery and these the sort of styles/concepts she'd be going for, I'm all for it!!

CIassicism

I sort of get what you guys are saying (I've been reading through all of these posts), but it's definitely not where she got the inspiration for her name from - I hate it when some of you guys say she's had her whole career planned from the beginning.

If this was the sort of imagery and these the sort of styles/concepts she'd be going for, I'm all for it!!

:yes: i sure do love the art concept.....and i'm all for it too if she's going to this direction....combining ART and POP, which is genius! 

Solar

Gaga didn't get her name from Dada, she got it from the song Radio Gaga (Which has been conformed in various interviews  :awkney: )

It's a game LOL he didn't said the Radio Gaga thing is not true in reality, he's just starting a sort of game about matching arts with pop music (Gaga's music in this case). It's a theory, a good one if you ask me.

dontbesweet

:yes: i sure do love the art concept.....and i'm all for it too if she's going to this direction....combining ART and POP, which is genius! 

Pretty sure she'll be combining ART and POP darlin ;) 

CIassicism

Also, I found this. Marcel Duchamp was a "Dada" artist. One of her creations was the famous "Fountain".

duchamp1.jpg

I don't how this is related to Gaga, but I know that Gaga once signed a toilet.

2.jpg

The note she left is "I’m not ****ing Duchamp but I love pissing with you"

Dada much :lolgaga:

well, seeing from Arts i.e Album Covers (BTW) i think that she was influenced by Dada....

CIassicism

It's a game LOL he didn't said the Radio Gaga thing is not true in reality, he's just starting a sort of game about matching arts with pop music (Gaga's music in this case). It's a theory, a good one if you ask me.

Dadaism_by_DT1087.jpg o you see the connection with gaga within the image?

Dadaism_by_DT1087.jpg o you see the connection with gaga within the image?

2h8d8pl.jpgLooking at gaga in the center with one eye reminds me of Dadaism too....

fashion monster

She hasn't had her whole carreer planned. It's just that everything she does is well planned and connected with something else. The only thing she had probably planned was not to be just a blond pop icon being just a blond pop icon. I mean, she represents an empty pop star acclaimed by everyone just for been crazy, but behind the eccentricity and oddness there is a lot of work and the idea of criricize the society. Few people understand this, but that's how her career work.

CIassicism

She hasn't had her whole carreer planned. It's just that everything she does is well planned and connected with something else. The only thing she had probably planned was not to be just a blond pop icon being just a blond pop icon. I mean, she represents an empty pop star acclaimed by everyone just for been crazy, but behind the eccentricity and oddness there is a lot of work and the idea of criricize the society. Few people understand this, but that's how her career work.

and i think she puts her crazy outfits and stuffs for a purpose....lets see what's going to be their reaction when gaga released her album with tony....u got what i mean?  :shrug:

Zilla

Oh, Dadaism is there. Those who are saying no haven't had art history yet.

In the 1900's, around WW1, Dadaism has roots in being extremely anti-war. It was also a time when art was very stagnant, methodological and very by the book (Impressionism). Dadaism was basically a big **** you to war, preconceived notions, and the like.

Duchamp was an integral part of what art is today. Yes, the urinal is important because it makes you question what art truly is. Dada in itself is nonsensical, but makes you think. Duchamp put a mustache on the Mona Lisa!

Not to mention, Duchamp created an alter ego, Rrose Selavy, a woman. Sound familiar?

Now what does this have to do with gaga? Think of monster vision, the one where she's in the bathtub. To a certain extent she says "I'm determined to break the rules I made about FAME with ARTPOP." In a way she is channeling Duchamp and Dadaism to a T. people already think that they know what's coming next from her, but she's going to do a complete 180 and challenge the "rules" set before her. Not to mention, Dadaism and pop art are very similar in the sense of method and idealism.

Does that kinda explain it?

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Now what does this have to do with gaga? Think of monster vision, the one where she's in the bathtub. To a certain extent she says "I'm determined to break the rules I made about FAME with ARTPOP." In a way she is channeling Duchamp and Dadaism to a T. people already think that they know what's coming next from her, but she's going to do a complete 180 and challenge the "rules" set before her. Not to mention, Dadaism and pop art are very similar in the sense of method and idealism.

Ooh this is the the best articulation of it I've heard so far! I think that's EXACTLY what she's going!

CIassicism

In the 1900's, around WW1, Dadaism has roots in being extremely anti-war. It was also a time when art was very stagnant, methodological and very by the book (Impressionism). Dadaism was basically a big **** you to war, preconceived notions, and the like.

Duchamp was an integral part of what art is today. Yes, the urinal is important because it makes you question what art truly is. Dada in itself is nonsensical, but makes you think. Duchamp put a mustache on the Mona Lisa!

Not to mention, Duchamp created an alter ego, Rrose Selavy, a woman. Sound familiar?

This.  :golfclap:

Design

It explains everything! :worship:

This needs to be added to the OP.

Apple for me, apple for you.

fashion monster

ARTPOP is about possibilities. So why not??

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived