๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Game Hint + Gaga's New Alter Ego?

CIassicism

Featured Posts

Way back in 09, when Gaga was blowing up with Bad Romance, I got an essay published in a small university publication that was titled "Goo Goo Gaga Dada: Pop and the Radically Empty Posturings of Lady Gaga." So this is fun to see, even if it's just made up nonsense. There's a definite similarity in spirit (and name!) between Gaga and Dadaism, though I'm not sure how much of that will manifest during ARTPOP.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ancient Alien

"Pop gave birth to Art" and her twitter "When POP sucks the tits of ART" any connection?

fashion monster

I don't think that it means Gaga will mention Dada in her work, I think that Gaga ideas are influenced by Contemporary Art. It's like she's doing in music what movements did in art. Each Gaga's album makes part of a different movement. For example: The Fame belongs to Dada; The Fame Monster belongs to Surrealism; Born This Way belongs to Conceptual Art/Metaphysical Art; ARTPOP belongs to Pop Art/Art Nouveau. Maybe I'm wrong but who knows?? "ARTPOP is about possibilities"...!

blubrryxkisses

I don't think that it means Gaga will mention Dada in her work, I think that Gaga ideas are influenced by Contemporary Art. It's like she's doing in music what movements did in art. Each Gaga's album makes part of a different movement. For example: The Fame belongs to Dada; The Fame Monster belongs to Surrealism; Born This Way belongs to Conceptual Art/Metaphysical Art; ARTPOP belongs to Pop Art/Art Nouveau. Maybe I'm wrong but who knows?? "ARTPOP is about possibilities"...!

ย 

Love you!ย  :kisses:

Solar

I LOVE THIS THREAD. The ones that understand it and post responses are reading my mind. I'm 100% sure Art movements are gonna be the conceptual core of the entire proyect. Dada and Popart sounds fitting imo, all the dada and popart artists were boundaries breakers, plus the art techniques developed were amazing. I'm totally here for this.

ย 

Dada

catifesto_product.jpg

ย 

Pop Art

Roy+Lichtenstein.+Pop+Art,-7.jpg

ย 

Art Nouveau

art_nouveau_ivy_portrait_by_enchantedgal

:heart:ย  :heart:ย  :heart:ย  :heart:

Solar

People that don't get this thread point: Don't post replys only saying "I don't get it" or "duh", "huh". It's..shameful :awkney: You're showing ย with it a lack of education in arts; if you don't explain your thoughts more deeply.

homomo

I went to an art museum last month and saw some Dada stuff and didn't think much about it :rip:

CIassicism

Dadaism is not a movement against art, but a movement against people's thoughts .

Gaga's meat dress is the perfect kind of Dadaism.ย 

Duchamp never gave a f*ck and Gaga is the perfect example for a artist who combines lots of styles.

And Dadaism is a part of her work

ย 

ย 

Edit: I love this thread!ย 

Thxย  :hug: ย yeah, i think she was influenced by dada in some of her works..

Evan Peters

OP, please revise your wording. Because, frankly, I had no idea what you were trying to say until I read for a 4th time.ย 

Gaga didn't get her name from Dada, she got it from the song Radio Gaga (Which has been conformed in various interviewsย  :awkney: )

The idea of Dada is cool, however, I don't think she'll be using it for ARTPOP. I'd assume she'd use pop art.

ย 

That alter ego name.ย  :wtf:ย 

emma roberts is an abuser

CIassicism

I LOVE THIS THREAD. The ones that understand it and post responses are reading my mind. I'm 100% sure Art movements are gonna be the conceptual core of the entire proyect. Dada and Popart sounds fitting imo, all the dada and popart artists were boundaries breakers, plus the art techniques developed were amazing. I'm totally here for this.

ย 

Dada

catifesto_product.jpg

ย 

Pop Art

Roy+Lichtenstein.+Pop+Art,-7.jpg

ย 

Art Nouveau

art_nouveau_ivy_portrait_by_enchantedgal

:heart:ย  :heart:ย  :heart:ย  :heart:

Thxย  :hug:ย i think that her work is influenced by this kinds of arts.

Solar

OP, please revise your wording. Because, frankly, I had no idea what you were trying to say until I read for a 4th time.ย 

Gaga didn't get her name from Dada, she got it from the song Radio Gaga (Which has been conformed in various interviewsย  :awkney: )

The idea of Dada is cool, however, I don't think she'll be using it for ARTPOP. I'd assume she'd use pop art.

ย 

That alter ego name.ย  :wtf:ย 

You don't have to try tho. If you don't dig this, ignore it. Its simple duude.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived