Sign in to follow this  

United States of Europe?

Featured Posts

WarriorPrince   Paws Up 1
WarriorPrince

Even if each nation remained an independent state? Even American states have unique histories and characteristics that garner state pride apart from national indentity. Do riots ever really change anything but just show the population isn't happy? In the US, we had vast Occupy Movement protests that gained global attention, but what did those demostrations really accomplish?

Still. People wouldnt be happy. I can imagine how the Portuguese would react. People here are so dumb, idk.

If the protests were to be big enough, that could even start a war. Many countries would never accept this anyway. Look at the UK they would see this possibility as a joke :smh:

I think the most wouldn't care. Just maybe when they need to speak another language.

But I don't think that they need to learn a new language. Maybe a neutral one like Latin.

I dont think we should have a unique language. It would just be whatever your country used to speak as first language. I would kill myself if i was forced to speak German. If we really needed a first language it should be English.

Melech   Paws Up 7,125
Melech

I dont think we should have a unique language. It would just be whatever your country used to speak as first language. I would kill myself if i was forced to speak German. If we really needed a first language it should be English.

And I would kill myself if I need to speak English.

Spanish would be also ok.

But the best would be if German is the first language,because then I don't need to learn a new language xD

Shadow   Paws Up 3,984
Shadow

And I would kill myself if I need to speak English.

Spanish would be also ok.

But the best would be if German is the first language,because then I don't need to learn a new language xD

I think Europe will require multiple base languages to function efficiently, at least for now. It might seem that the US solely speaks English, but that is far from the truth. English just happens to be the language of business here. However there are millions here who speak Spanish, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, Italian, Slavic languages, and others. The US is a nation of immigrants, so we're a conglomerate of multiple cultures and identities that mixes and coexists to this day and manages to function. Even when I go to work, I hear and read a wide variety of languages I can't understand myself. However, many people here learned enough English to function as an economy. Why can't Europeans do this? You're using English right now and we have some understanding. Many people on this forum come from all over the world and they each have a decent grasp of English to be understood.

Edited by 4twistedshadows
in bocca al lupo

Melech   Paws Up 7,125
Melech

I think Europe will require multiple base languages to function efficiently, at least for now. It might seem that the US solely speaks English, but that is far from the truth. English just happens to be the language of business here. However there are millions here who speak Spanish, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, Italian, Slavic languages, and others. The US is a nation of immigrants, so we're a conglomerate of multiple cultures and identities that mixes and coexists to this day and manages to function. Even when I go to work, I hear and read a wide variety of languages I can't understand myself. However, many people here learned enough English to function as an economy. Why can't Europeans do this? You're using English right now and we have some understanding. Many people on this forum come from all over the world and they each have a decent grasp of English to be understood.

English would be a solution.

But I would rather like a neutral solution.

Like Esperanto,which is a mix of all indo-european languages and is easy to learn, or something.

WarriorPrince   Paws Up 1
WarriorPrince

English would be a solution.

But I would rather like a neutral solution.

Like Esperanto,which is a mix of all indo-european languages and is easy to learn, or something.

The thing is no one speaks Esperanto or Latin. That would be harder than just using a language that already exists and is spoken by most of the European population. We would all either speak English, French or German if they had to chose one, it would probably be English.

If they were to pick French or German damn. I suck at both. I can only speak Portuguese, Spanish and English. I'm even better at Ukrainian than at French or German. :dies:

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 43,992
Morphine Prince

That sounds so chaotic lol. All the languages, beliefs, ideologies, education.... I can't even begin to imagine the chaos. If this world was perfect it would be a great idea.

I got two red pills to take the blues away.

Danny   Paws Up 8
Danny

It sounds good and bad. Imo, there will be a lot of consequences to this. I don't know how the world could handle a United States of Europe, if it were to happen.

Tommymonster44   Paws Up 0
Tommymonster44

As if the monetary crisis didn't prove it enough that it is a bad idea for one same currency and in alliance.

That's exactly what I was thinking. While the new single euro currency did stimulate short term growth, it allowed the current euro zone crisis to occur. It didn't actually cause their economic turmoil, poor economic policies/management by the government and the people did. However, this total and widespread recession wouldn't be happening if the different currencies were more fragmented/separate.

Edited by Tommymonster44

28386   Paws Up 0

Eh no I think Ireland and Britian should join up and form one economy,The same with the Nordic countries and Angela Merkel can take a hike

Melech   Paws Up 7,125
Melech

Eh no I think Ireland and Britian should join up and form one economy,The same with the Nordic countries and Angela Merkel can take a hike

I don't get the hike thing :toofunny:

Dayman   Paws Up 2,600
Dayman

Im all for it. In the past 100 years much has changed, the world is now a true global community thanks to technological advancements, so why not strive to make it an official global community?

Elizabeth   Paws Up 409
Elizabeth

I just think that economics aside, each European country has so much history and culture and I think by bringing them together into one country would ruin that.

Even with their withering economy, I don't think the Irish would be keen to do that.

Vanilla   Paws Up 457
Vanilla

Lol.Warum das?

idk,but Merkel,the leader of Germany,wants also a united Europe.

And Germany is the most powerful country in Europe

well, we all know what happened last time a leader of Germany wanted a united Europe...it didn't end well ;)

I just think that economics aside, each European country has so much history and culture and I think by bringing them together into one country would ruin that.

This ^

Melech   Paws Up 7,125
Melech

well, we all know what happened last time a leader of Germany wanted a united Europe...it didn't end well ;)

This ^

I cant believe how people still stick in the past. Thats rascist.

Kermit the frog   Paws Up 1,479
Kermit the frog

Lol, that's the most idiotic idea I've heard today. And I hear a lot of bull**** everyday.