Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way Album Worldwide Sales?

MANiCURE1295

Featured Posts

htrllllsem

Yeah, when she came to Australia for the tour, her album sales went up. Born This Way was #16 on iTunes (AUS) for two weeks, plus the Deluxe version, The Fame Monster and The Fame soon following behind. I'd figure that it would be around 9 million, maybe 9.5 after the tour is finished? Because a lot of fans buy the albums again, for some weird reason.

Fans buy albums again? That would be me :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bumblebee

I think there's no way we get official updates unless we spam "ask billboard" or wait till hte ARTPOP promo begins. They always mention her sales when she visits TV shows. Or wait till hte tour is over. I think with the end of the tour the Rolling Stone/Billboard will have to mention the sales. :)

MANiCURE1295

Yeah I want official numbers. Do tired of everyone guessing.

Me too! I just want official numbers. I know that there is obviously no way to record each sale but I would like to hear how much Born This Way has sold by the end of the tour.

Americano

The only "reliable" number you can look at are label numbers. They're often speculated to be inflated, but there's no other source you're going to find.

So, to answer your question, 8 million records have been sold worldwide.

MANiCURE1295

The only "reliable" number you can look at are label numbers. They're often speculated to be inflated, but there's no other source you're going to find.

So, to answer your question, 8 million records have been sold worldwide.

Okay thanks Americano! So it's 8 million? That's pretty good right? How does that compare with other pop albums out recently?

Arturo

Okay thanks Americano! So it's 8 million? That's pretty good right? How does that compare with other pop albums out recently?

That is very good. the 2nd best selling pop album of 2011.

SomethingMore

Gaga said 8 Millions, I think by the end of the tour it will be 10 millions. :cool:

delusinal.

That is very good. the 2nd best selling pop album of 2011.

not just pop, its 2nd best selling album in general.

EastonEllis

Six million is the most accurate number, it may be around 6.5 million by now due to album sales deriving from the tour.

United States: 2.3 million.

United Kingdom: 900,000 - 1 million.

France: 200,000.

Japan: 750,000.

Taiwan: 100,000.

Europe: 1,000,000.

Australia: 140,000.

Canada: 240,000.

TOTAL: 5,730,000. These sales are based on certifications, so it is safe to say the album has sold more since and is passed the 6 million mark WW. I would say it's at 6.2-6.3 million WW and after the tour and the release of ARTPOP (sales for older albums of an artists tend to increase after the release of a new one) it will be around 6.5 million and, in a few years, hopefully it will be at 7 million WW. :)

Is it me or the Canadian sales are quite surprising?

6 million sold.

No way it has sold 8, 9 or 10 million like some of you are saying.

6 million sold; 2nd best-selling album of 2011.

Americano

6 million sold; 2nd best-selling album of 2011.

8 million comes from Interscope themselves and that's the only "reliable" number you have.

Very strong numbers, especially as a third major release.

whiteboi1327

8 million shipped and 6 million sold. If you put it all together it makes sense because there are albums on shelves in stores and stuff. I doubt it will ever hit 9,000,000 shipped but 8,000,000 is amazing numbers IMO.

Archived