💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way Album Worldwide Sales?

MANiCURE1295

Featured Posts

MANiCURE1295

So with Gaga recently hitting 3x platinum is Japan I'm wondering if there are any updated sales for this album sold worldwide? Last I heard it was 8 million?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, when she came to Australia for the tour, her album sales went up. Born This Way was #16 on iTunes (AUS) for two weeks, plus the Deluxe version, The Fame Monster and The Fame soon following behind. I'd figure that it would be around 9 million, maybe 9.5 after the tour is finished? Because a lot of fans buy the albums again, for some weird reason.

Arturo

Yeah, when she came to Australia for the tour, her album sales went up. Born This Way was #16 on iTunes (AUS) for two weeks, plus the Deluxe version, The Fame Monster and The Fame soon following behind. I'd figure that it would be around 9 million, maybe 9.5 after the tour is finished? Because a lot of fans buy the albums again, for some weird reason.

But it can't be at 9M based on digital sales because 8-9M is the estimate for copies that were SHIPPED

But it can't be at 9M based on digital sales because 8-9M is the estimate for copies that were SHIPPED

I'm saying that with Digital plus Shipping, it should be close. I'm just saying that the sales went up a bit. That's all.

Six million is the most accurate number, it may be around 6.5 million by now due to album sales deriving from the tour.

United States: 2.3 million.

United Kingdom: 900,000 - 1 million.

France: 200,000.

Japan: 750,000.

Taiwan: 100,000.

Europe: 1,000,000.

Australia: 140,000.

Canada: 240,000.

TOTAL: 5,730,000. These sales are based on certifications, so it is safe to say the album has sold more since and is passed the 6 million mark WW. I would say it's at 6.2-6.3 million WW and after the tour and the release of ARTPOP (sales for older albums of an artists tend to increase after the release of a new one) it will be around 6.5 million and, in a few years, hopefully it will be at 7 million WW. :)

Arturo

Six million is the most accurate number, it may be around 6.5 million by now due to album sales deriving from the tour.

United States: 2.3 million.

United Kingdom: 900,000 - 1 million.

France: 200,000.

Japan: 750,000.

Taiwan: 100,000.

Europe: 1,000,000.

Australia: 140,000.

Canada: 240,000.

TOTAL: 5,730,000. These sales are based on certifications, so it is safe to say the album has sold more since and is passed the 6 million mark WW. I would say it's at 6.2-6.3 million WW and after the tour and the release of ARTPOP (sales for older albums of an artists tend to increase after the release of a new one) it will be around 6.5 million and, in a few years, hopefully it will be at 7 million WW. :)

Don't forget, BTW was officially certified Platinum in Romania, so add another 25,000 to that :derpga:

Gaga said several times in interviews that it sold more than 8 million.

So, now, with the tour, it must be about 10 million for sure!!!

Gaga said several times in interviews that it sold more than 8 million.

So, now, with the tour, it must be about 10 million for sure!!!

Gaga herself is probably going by SHIPPED numbers, not necessarily sales. I remember her saying the album sold 7 million back in November and it didn't even cross the 6 million mark at the time. :laughga:

Gaga herself is probably going by SHIPPED numbers, not necessarily sales. I remember her saying the album sold 7 million back in November and it didn't even cross the 6 million mark at the time. :laughga:

OMG ... Perhaps you®re right when you say that Gaga is such a big liar. OMG, how could she do this to us? Do you think we should stop being her fans? :shocked: I think I®ll stan for Britt Britt now!!!

OMG ... Perhaps you®re right when you say that Gaga is such a big liar. OMG, how could she do this to us? Do you think we should stop being her fans? :shocked: I think I®ll stan for Britt Britt now!!!

I wasn't insinuating that she was a liar. :laughga: I'm simply saying that she used SHIPPED figures, which aren't as reliable as certifications.

And, yes, you should stan for Brit. :nails: She needs as many sales as she can get.

Archived