Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Americano

Featured Posts

Well she is just speaking the truth.. Not shading at all. Writing acoustic album is so much easier than do electronic etc. genre album. And yeah stages of nowadays tours are boring as hell and I was surprised Gaga used the castle.

E: Well doesn't that article kinda show the theme of ARTPOP? Everything is same and Gaga wants to bring respect back to electrical music like she is doing with her producers.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheMadridHash

“Yes, it was intentional for this show to be more sophisticated and more elegantâ€â€a little cleaner. Sometimes I think that there’s a fine line between impressionistic and messy. So we tried to make this more French Impressionistic and less like a child’s finger painting. I really wanted to break the mold of what modern touring is right now. The most important thing to me was that there be no video screens. What if we just really simplified all of that so that you just have to watch me and the dancers the whole time?â€

I loved this answer, SPILL THAT!

anyway, i think that BTWBall will be very well received in europe and Latin America

Americano

That is not pretentious....

I don't think so myself, I was stating that some of her detractors will twist those words around into something negative.

jhonyguy04

Well she is just speaking the truth.. Not shading at all. Writing acoustic album is so much easier than do electronic etc. genre album. And yeah stages of nowadays tours are boring as hell and I was surprised Gaga used the castle.

E: Well doesn't that article kinda show the theme of ARTPOP? Everything is same and Gaga wants to bring respect back to electrical music like she is doing with her producers.

She didn't even say acoustic music is easier to write though. She was saying that people who are ignorant of music will dismiss the merit of electro music. She was shading the interviewer.

lilmonstarrr

It's true though - acoustic music is way easier than electronic music. With instruments like the guitas or just piano itself, it's easier to make music because the chords are simple. Electronic music is something different. There are no "C" "D" "E" ... etc. It's a whole different embodiment of music - and it takes effort for it to work. I mean, I write music - and I do acoustic music just because I don't understand electronic music. You can't just go in the recording booth and "make stuff up" when dealing with electronic music.

Nah, Adele's cover was the worst selling one this year.

Actually, Adele's Vogue cover is one of the top selling magazine covers of the year, not just for Vogue, but across all magazines. It sold over 400,000.

It hasn't always. I understand why people think that, because before Gaga, I thought the same. And with most "artists", this stereotype remains true. Gaga really shouldn't get upset about it's reputation. People who are hard to impress (much like myself) will come around. She just has to continue doing what she does as an artist and people will start to see that there's more there than just crazy outfits and outrageous "gimmicks".

This :clap:

And good for Gaga, I'm glad she's finally saying something!

jhonyguy04

She didn't even say acoustic music is easier to write though. She was saying that people who are ignorant of music will dismiss the merit of electro music. She was shading the interviewer.

Creyk

Well, I guess they ran out of the most interesting topics is they are talking about things like this.

I wish they would discuss the unreleased tracks someday. I would be interested in her feelings about fashion or Kandy life

Americano

Also, as I posted earlier, there is little information on her new music in this interview.

FAME fragrance is discussed briefly.

Yes yes yes completely agree with the whole electronic > acoustic comment. I really don't like how popular acoustic songs/covers have become tbqh :pukey:

enriquelm

A lot of people say this album was a flop, even know it sold more than every album excepting "21". It's my favorite album and I love the fact it is not commercial, Gaga doesn't care about sales.

jhonyguy04

So this article is basically to bash her. How is this good? Why would she agree to this?

only acoustic song ill listen to is, ''stuck on fukcing you'' - lady gaga.

adele is so boring and depressing, makes me want to stab my eye balls with flaming torches and cry forever in a lonely room.

Archived