Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Americano

Featured Posts

She should defend it! I'm sick of people not respecting dance-type music. It can have just as much value and lyrical meaning as an acoustic record. And with Gaga it does. :nails:

It hasn't always. I understand why people think that, because before Gaga, I thought the same. And with most "artists", this stereotype remains true. Gaga really shouldn't get upset about it's reputation. People who are hard to impress (much like myself) will come around. She just has to continue doing what she does as an artist and people will start to see that there's more there than just crazy outfits and outrageous "gimmicks".

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electric Phire

Some people just don't understand how much work and effort goes into good electronic music. Acoustic versions are fine, but electronic takes producing and creativity to make sound good and not like a bunch of white noise.

inuborg

I'm sorry but I do not identify Adele as the voice of generation.....where are they getting this from?

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

I wonder why the interviewer thinks BTW was disappointing? It's like she's making it up herself. Because of no Grammys? :roll:

Americano

I'm surprised Gaga tweeted that this interview is the TEA with the bias of the interviewer..

Born This Way was a highly anticipated album by the general public, and upon its release, did not please or live up to people's perceived expectations (aside from her fanbase). That is what makes it a disappointment in terms of the interviewer's stance.

Finally Gaga express her opinions about other artists.

She usually tends to hide from that subject and I'm glad she told VOGUE that.

:ohwell:

I feel like that was written very poorly, and made it seem like Gaga was shading. I mean, really, "Adele, not Gaga, is the voice of their generation; acoustic music, soul music, real musicâ€â€not Gaga’s wall of electronic soundâ€â€is what people yearn to hear."

Is this an article about Adele? Of of course whatever they quote from gaga after this is going to seem like shade.

Americano

Lady Gaga also discusses her tour, and basically shades the industry for relying on big screens/etc. which I'm sure will cause an uproar with other fanbases, calling her 'pretentious.'

Archived