💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor sued for stealing name

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

ny-1532127173-n69p1i5fyw-snap-image

Patrick Bénot, the owner of a Wantagh-based computer consulting business, said he trademarked the “SwiftLife” name in 2007 — nine years before Swift the singer and Glu Games inked a deal to launch “The Swift Life” app.

The internationally known artist allegedly went ahead and used the name without permission from Bénot, who is SwiftLife’s owner and sole employee. That’s been hurting his business, Bénot said, and SwiftLife refuses to shake it off.

It sued Taylor Swift, Glu Games and others Friday in Long Island Federal Court.

“In filing this action, SwiftLife, whose business pales in comparison to that of Ms. Swift and Glu, is standing up for itself — and much like Ms. Swift in her fights against the bullies she has encountered in her own life — seeks to enforce its rights in and to the SwiftLife trademark against Ms. Swift and Glu, both of whom are financial giants,” court papers said.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-taylor-swift-swiped-li-biz-name-20180720-story.html

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Arcanum
1 minute ago, aaron l said:

Tf is The Swift Life?

The Fame:trollga:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Ryusei

LOL what even. "I just noticed I have this name trademarked, let's try and squeeze some dollars out of taylor swift even though I never intended to use this name until now cause it's convenient" also idk if this makes a difference but "SwiftLife" and "The Swift Life" are 2 different names...

Musery

Sneaky Oliver
9 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

LOL what even. "I just noticed I have this name trademarked, let's try and squeeze some dollars out of taylor swift even though I never intended to use this name until now cause it's convenient" also idk if this makes a difference but "SwiftLife" and "The Swift Life" are 2 different names...

This! It's like a friend told him "Hey guy did you know Taylor Swift has an app called Swift life? You should sue that bitch!" :messga:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

River
27 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

That's the case with trademarks, you can trademark everything and maybe one day someone will use it and you can sue them to get some money.. it's a business..

"the" "a" "on" and the rest + spaces are out of the picture, so it's the same name..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Gohan
46 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

35 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

This! It's like a friend told him "Hey guy did you know Taylor Swift has an app called Swift life? You should sue that bitch!" :messga:

LOL at you guys trying to defend your pop star. It's a business, just like how giant businesses cannot make Look What You Made Me Do t-shirts and all that. It's trademarks. Your fave knows about that clearly, just like suing everyone in the industry :poot:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

joemayzzin

omg lmao I'm from and live in Wantagh! i just heard about this the other day, so weird to see it posted on here :stalkga: 

TheSlash
1 hour ago, Anveeroy said:

and SwiftLife refuses to shake it off.

:air:  :toofunny:

Ew, David!

Sneaky Oliver
12 minutes ago, Gohan said:

LOL at you guys trying to defend your pop star. It's a business, just like how giant businesses cannot make Look What You Made Me Do t-shirts and all that. It's trademarks. Your fave knows about that clearly, just like suing everyone in the industry :poot:

I'm not trying to defend her :messga:  I mean it's just funny when it happens like the app is not new like he didn't decide to sue her right away when the app was released it seems like something he found out occasionally

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Gohan
10 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I'm not trying to defend her :messga:  I mean it's just funny when it happens like the app is not new like he didn't decide to sue her right away when the app was released it seems like something he found out occasionally

See, this is exactly how it always happens. If I make t-shirts with trademarks and sell 10, they wouldn't be mad. But if I start to sell 100, 1000, 10.000, they would get CRAZY :rip: and come for me. This is exactly what happened, the app got bigger and they want the money.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Archived